Chapter Two

Petunia sat sobbing in the corner of her family's garden. She hated this. She had been born a bit earlier than the twins but she was completely unlike the two of them.

She had take after her father instead of her mother, she had his blond hair, hazel eyes as well as his taller height. She wouldn't call herself pretty but she would be slightly above average if not for her height and too skinny body.

Her younger sister, Lily, however seemed to take after only their mother. She had fiery dark red hair, 'lovely' almond-shaped green eyes, and an average height. Everyone said Lily would grow up to become a beautiful woman one day.

They didn't even know about all the creepy things her younger sister did. It made Petunia so mad that they acted like she didn't exist. That-that freak was so much better than her.

She paused her thoughts. 'Freak?'

Why would she ever think her sister was a freak?

Of course she's a freak. She's friends with that Snape weirdo, and she's does all kinds of creepy things. Not to mention mom and dad it's always Lily this and Lily that. So proud to have a witch-a freak in the family. A hateful voice in her mind supplied her with reason.

Her sobs paused. Brows furrowing. She would never call her sister a freak even if she didn't like her. She liked her little brother after all and he was just like Lily.

He's a freak too. He tries to hide it but he can do the same creepy things as Lily. He looks nothing like any of you, mom, dad, Lily, even you, could've fooled anyone that he was related to the family. Not to mention his eyes. His eyes are so unnatural, what else could he be but a freak. She choked at the thoughts of the voice in her head. She refused to believe she was thinking those things.

Hyacinth wasn't a freak. She loved her younger brother. Hyacinth Lukas Evans. He was kind and patient, far smarter than probably even their parents even if at times he seemed to lack common sense.

Different from their parents blond and red hair, he had slightly messy black hair that on occasions looked like it had a tint of dark blue, purple, or red. Likewise he was also shorter than most kids his age even now looking no older than three when he was five.

As for his eyes. She adored his ever changing mismatched eyes. She could look at them all day, they were so beautiful. When he'd suddenly started wearing those glasses that turned his ever changing eyes to a bright and still unnatural green, she'd felt immense sorrow.

Hyacinth, or 'Harry' as they'd taken to calling him a year or two ago, was practically her world. She could see how much he cared for her as well.

Stop lying to yourself. You hate him even more than Lily. He's as pretty as a girl. He looks down on you and only talks to you because he pities you. He's a freak. She choked on her sob again.

'Go away! I'd never think that about Harry! Never!' She screamed at the voice in her mind.

Why are you lying to yourself...I'll have to show you the truth. The voice seemed to break as she denied it over and over again. No longer sounding like her own, instead she heard an unknown feminine voice in its place.

She shivered. Crying out as feelings of anger and hate swarmed her, feelings that were not her own.

'No! Stop! Leave me alone!' She cried as she felt them begin to overwhelm her. 'HELP!'

"Pet, what are you doing out here in the cold?" A soft melodic voice called out to her as she felt herself about to succumb. Warmth spread through her.

"Huh?" She spoke in a daze as she looked up into the ever changing eyes she loved so much. Arms wrapped around her and she felt a small hand carding through her hair.

"Shhh..." The soft voice of her brother seemed to resonate through her body a peaceful sort unlike the forceful one she felt before. "Relax and go to sleep. I'll take care of everything..."

She obeyed as a wave of drowsiness washed over her.