Surprise

Today was the day.
The day that I took a deep breathe and didn't cough. I felt the air running through my lungs and filling all my body and I cried with happiness.

I couldn't wait for Dr. Harry's to see that I could breathe now without coughing and maybe he'll finally let me out of here.

I couldn't be here any longer. I couldn't look at these four white walls, and smell the scent of the antibacterial products they used here, I was going mad.

5 days had passed since the day he said 2 days. I've been here for a total of 8 days, and my body was getting better, slowly at his own pace. And I really really wanted to go home.
I was homesick, bored, desperate. I was still really tired and I still got breathless when I spoke but I think I was ready to go home.

It was 7 am when dr. Harry's came into my room.
"Look doc I can breathe now without coughing" I said with excitement
"That's great Andrea, maybe you can go home  today" the doctor said, he was wearing a mask and I couldn't see his face, but his sweet eyes told me that he was smiling.
He put on his stethoscope and checked my lungs.
"Take a deep breath" he said.

"They sound much better Andrea" the doctor said excited then added "let me just take a final x ray just to confirm that you're ready to go home"

They took my x ray, and the doc told me that I was good to go. I couldn't feel more excited.

I was still tired and out of breathe, and the doctors orders was to fully rest for one more week from home.
I said goodbye to the loving admiring nurses that helped me out this past days, and then I said goodbye to dr. Harry's, I was going to miss him, but I hoped that I never have to see him again in my life.
I didn't wish this on anyone, this virus was no joke, I didn't want to go through this again in my entire life.

I grabbed my stuff, put on my mask and left eagerly to see what the world had for me.

I didn't told Emerson that I was getting out that day, I wanted to be a surprise, to kiss him and to tell him that I was his, that I loved him.
I was ready.

I got home excited, quietly I opened my door, I went to my apartment first to take a shower, I couldn't handle the smell of the hospital anymore, and I haven't showered properly since I got there.
So I took a hot steamy shower, the steam helped me a lot to breathe better. And as I was dressing I heard the most horrible noise I could ever heard.
And that was someone moaning with pleasure, and it was coming from Emerson's house.

Yes he was having sex, I had no doubt.

How could he have sex with someone? He was still covid-19 positive.

All of my world, all of my fantasies fell to the ground when I heard those noises. There was no doubt, the squeaking of the bed, a female voice shouting "ohhh yeees".

He was having sex.

I couldn't believe it.

I was almost dying in the hospital and he was here having sex with who knows who.

I was raging. I could feel my cheeks getting hotter as the moaning kept going. I slide my way down to the floor of the bathroom and sat there, covering my ears, I felt the tears coming, I felt so disappointed, so sad.

Tears started falling down my cheeks. I was also very emotional. I mean a week at the hospital gave me a lot of time to think and open my emotions.

How could I thought that he was waiting for me. How could I thought that my feelings for him were sideways.

But then, I was the one rejecting him. It was not his fault, it was mine. I was the one telling him that we could only be friends.

I got into my bed crying. Trying to cover my ears with my hands, I buried myself into the bed and covered myself all the way to my head. I couldn't hear this anymore.

Then I heard a knock on my door.

When I went to open I froze as I saw him. My love, my dream, my everything. I wanted to see him so badly.
My sexy neighbor, looking at me with his stunning blue eyes and his freshly washed hair, he smelled delicious.
But the thought of him having sex with someone just when I was about to burst my feelings to him got to me and my heart went cold.

"You really are here, I didn't imagined it" he said, looking at me with his wide blue eyes. His expression was soft.
I raised my eyebrows, and gave him a cold expression. Like if my looks could kill..
"I heard noises from your apartment, but why didn't you told me you were being discharged, I could've come to pick you up" he continued speaking to me sweetly as my face got colder.
"I wanted to surprise you" I said coldly trying to not make any eye contact, then added between teeth "but you surprised me instead".
"What? What are you talking about?" He said.
"Like I said, I wanted to surprise you, but I didn't expect you to have some company" I said, the added "I didn't want to bother you"
"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't told you" he said.

What? Was he just acting cool? Like if it was nothing that he was just having sex with someone?

"You didn't have to tell me anything, you don't have to give me any explanation Emerson, it's your life, your apartment" I said coldly
"Why are you mad at me?" He asked
"I'm not mad" I lied then added "I'm just tired, Emerson, I've been on a bed for 8 days, I'm tired, and the last thing I wanted to do was come home to hear you fucking someone" I said that without thinking.

You're an idiot Andrea.

"What!?" He asked in disbelief
"Don't play dumb on me, I heard everything" I said coldly
"You think I had sex with someone? That's the company you're talking about?" He asked.

I hope he doesn't dare to lie to me.

"Yes Emerson"I affirmed
"Baby" he said with a smiling smirk and approaching me "I didn't have sex with anyone, my brother came to visit, he staying with me, and actually he's dying to meet you" he said sweetly, the way he said the word 'baby' again made my heart pound.
"Your brother?" I asked surprised.
"Yes my brother and his girlfriend are here, they came here 2 days ago and they're staying with me" he said then added "They already had Covid-19, so they are immune now"
"I'm sure they were the ones.." he cleared his throat, implying that they were the ones having sex.
I was such an idiot.

—————————————————
A/N:
Sorry it took me so long to upload this one!
I've been reading some book I'll be judging for the Carnival Awards!
Thank you so much for your patience!

Hope you're liking my story!

Please give me some votes!