Part 6

A few days have passed and my dad finally comes home.

"Dad!" I yell, as he's coming through the door. I give him the biggest hug ever. He groans when I hug him. "Dad...Are you okay?" I see he has cuts and bruises on him. They're cleaned up, but not healed yet. I look at him with a firm look.

"I'm okay," he says. Then his arms wrap around my body again. I dig my head into his shoulder. When we pull apart, my mom walks over to him and kisses him.

"By the way, Rhodey is here." I say.

"Where?" My dad asks. I walk with him and show him where Rhodey is.

They start talking and then a FedEx driver knocks on the window and says, "Are you Tony 'Stank'"? Rhodey and I start laughing.

"Yes, this is-this is Tony 'Stank'. You're in the right place. Thank you for that! I'm never dropping that, by the way. Table for one, Mr. "Stank". Please, by the bathroom," Rhodey says, still laughing. My dad starts laughing with us too. My dad signs the package off and he goes off alone.

"I'm going to go with him," I say. Rhodey nods me off and I go into the room he went into. He opens the package and inside was an envelope and a phone. I give my dad a weird look and he opens the envelope.

"Tony, I'm glad you're back at the compound. I don't like the idea of you rattling around a mansion by yourself. We all need family. The Avengers are yours, maybe more so than mine. I've been on my own since I was 18. I never really fit in anywhere, even in the army. My faith's in people, I guess. Individuals. And I'm happy to say that, for the most part, they haven't let down. Which is why I can't let them down either. Locks can be replaced, but maybe they shouldn't. I know I hurt you, Tony. I guess I thought by not telling you about your parents I was sparing you, but I can see now that I was really sparing myself, and I'm sorry. Hopefully one day you can understand. I wish we agreed on the Accords, I really do. I know you're doing what you believe in, and that's all any of us can do. That's all any of us should.." Steve's letter reads but F.R.I.D.A.Y. interrupts.

"Priority call from Secretary Ross. There's been a breach at the Raft prison." She says.

"Yeah, put him through," my dad says, still looking at the letter.

"Tony, we have a problem." Ross says.

"Ah, please hold."

"No. Don't..." But my dad puts him on hold.

"So, no matter what. I promise you, if you need us, if you need me, I'll be there." Steve's letter finishes off and I look at my dad. A little smile cracks through my lips.

"They did it again, didn't they?" I ask. He smile and nods his head.

"Yes, he did."

"So what are we going to do?"

My dad looks at me. "We're going to let them go," he says. "And hope that when we need them, they'll show up."

A week later

I've been good lately. I've been training every week with my dad and Happy. My body is always sore, but it's getting better. My powers are stronger. I've been getting lots of bruises and cuts but I've been able to heal them up.

"Callie, your father would like to see you today, in his lab." F.R.I.D.A.Y. says.

"Okay, tell him I'm on my way."

"Okay."

I walk down to his lab and there is no music playing. He's just sitting in his chair. I use the password and walk in.

"Are you okay?" I ask him. He turns to see me and he has a smile on his face.

"Yeah, of course. I'm just thinking." He replies.

"Of what?"

"Just come here." I go over there and nothings is pulled up on his computer.

"I've been thinking about what you're going to do until you're 18," he starts. "And well...I haven't thought this all the way through, but I was thinking...maybe...we could send you to school."

"What?!" I ask.

"Look, it's nothing personally or anything like that. I just want you to see what it's like to be a normal kid? If that's the phrase I'm looking for."

"Dad, are you crazy? I love staying here with you and mom and learning about stuff."

"But I don't always have time for you. And mom doesn't either. Please, don't be mad. Let's just try it out."

"But why?"

"Just please. Ok fine, we'll make a deal. If you don't like it there after two months, you can drop out. Deal?" I start thinking. Two months wouldn't be that long so.

"Fine." I shake his hand and he starts smiling.

"You start next week, so you better get to shopping."

"Okay." I leave his lab and go upstairs to my mom.

"So by the look on your face, you took it well?"
I start laughing and nod my head.

"Yeah. Dad said that you're going to take me shopping for clothes..."

"Yeah I was going to do that tomorrow. I've been kind of swamped with work," she says.

"I understand. I'm going to be in my room in you need me." I run to my room and get my computer out. 'Schools near me', I search up. A whole bunch of schools pop up, but not one of them seems like something my dad would send me to. I closed my computer and laid on my bed. I was kind of looking forward to going to school, a little. Meeting new friends, maybe actually being a normal kid, it all seemed really cool. Maybe having a normal life would
actually be nice.

Or so I thought.
_______________________________
This is a really short chapter but next one hopefully will be long :))

Words:1000