new beginnings [two]

𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕓𝕠𝕣𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕝

Something was shaking Madison. Her eyes shot open. She was face-to-face with Jeremy Gilbert. "If you don't get ready in 20 minutes, I will drink your coffee." He threatens. 

"Do it and see what happens." She replied with a semi-playful glare. Jeremy takes off running. "That's what I thought!" she yelled at him. In the folder, it explained how Jeremy and she were very close. It also explained that she was in love with her food. But who wasn't? 

She gets up after debating with her inner thoughts. The style now would be so much more different then 2020. But at least there is no coronavirus, right? 

She walks to the shared bathroom. She grabs her towel, that had her name stitched on the corner. She ties her hair up in a quick bun and undressed. She steps into the comforting water, which enveloped her with warmth. All her worry and stress temporarily disappear. 

The water drops soothingly slide down her naked body. She grabs the feminine body wash. She lathers it in her hands and scrub off all of her insecurities. 

She will be confident. She will have fun. She will live her life. Before, she was a loner, a nerd. She was dedicated to her studies. But that all went down the drain. This was her time now. She would still be kind to everyone, but she will defend herself when needed. 

She turns off the shower. She steps out and dries herself. She silently curses at herself when she realized she forgot her clothes. A knock on the door made Madison jump. 

"One sec!" she quickly yells, wrapping the fluffy towel around her body. "Okay, come in!" she says, once she is completely covered. 

The door opens to reveal Elena Gilbert. "You forgot your clothes in my room, idiot. Here," she says, handing Madison her clothes. "Hurry up, we leave in 30 minutes." She rushes the almost naked girl. 

"Calm down, women! I'll be ready." Madison responds, playfully pushing Elena out of the bathroom. 

At least she did not have to pick out her clothes. She puts on the fabric. The top was short. It exposed a lot of her midriff. It was a tight black V-neck that ended just above her belly button. She would have to get used to this. Was there any dress code? She just shrugs it off and wears her light-wash, ripped, denim mom-jeans. She could not lie, the girl had style for 2009.

She walks out of the bathroom and headed to her room for her socks. She goes straight to the dresser. She puts the socks that was on her dresser. Something catches her eye. 

A crow, with a white piece of paper in its mouth, was perched up on her windowsill. She approaches the window and opens it. She gently takes the paper from its mouth. She quicky closes the window, making sure it doesn't hit the bird. She opens the note.

Dear Madison, I hope you have a good first day school! Be careful the 'animal attacks' have been getting pretty bad.

Shivers creep up her arms. "This isn't creepy." She mumbled to herself. This was Damon's doing. No doubt about it. But why was he hinting that vampires arrive? What was he up to? She shoves the note in her pocket. 

She runs down the stairs. She walks to the kitchen. It was just like the show. She sees Aunt Jenna talking to Elena. "Morning!" Madison says, drawing the attention. 

"Morning! You seem happy." Jenna says, give her a warm smile. 

"I feel change if that makes sense. I feel good." Madison tells them, grabbing a clean bowl for cereal.