lust, fear, and... magic? [four]

𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕓𝕠𝕣𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕝

Damon woke up first. The events from the previous night replay in his head. He smiles at the girl asleep in his arms. He vows to always protect her. He gently gets up and carries the girl bridal style. He wasn't invited in her home, so he called the last person he expected to call. 

"What a surprise," Stefan said as he picked up. 

"Look, I didn't call you for personal pleasure. It is for Madison." 

Stefan was now on alert, "What happened? Is she okay?" 

Damon rolls his eyes at his brother, "No, idiot. We watched the comet together and fell asleep watching it. I am not invited into her house, but you are. So, can you take her home?" Damon place Madison gently in the passengers' seat. She was a deep sleeper, so that came in handy. 

Stefan relaxes, "Sure, just drive to the house. I'll be there." 

Damon hangs up. He needed to get invited in somehow. He drives the house. There, stood Stefan leaning against the pillar. 

Stefan walks to the car and opens the door. He picks up Madison gently. He takes the girl to her room and tucks her in. Stefan saw Madison as a sister. A sister that he would protect. He goes to the window and climbs out.

"I'm not saying don't date the guy. I'm just saying take it slow." Bonnie tells Elena. The trio were now at school. Bonnie got the 'feeling' yesterday. 

"You're the one who said go for it." Elena points out. "Now I'm saying take it slow." Bonnie shrugs. 

"Why the about face?" Madison says, stealing Elena's line. 

"It's not an about face. Elena, you are single for the first time in your high school career. It's a perfect time to play fields." Bonnie says. 

"That is Madison's thing, not mine. Seriously, what are you not saying?" Elena tells Bonnie. 

Bonnie walks faster, "It's stupid." Elena grabs her arm causing Bonnie to stop walking. 

"Bonnie," Elena slowly says, "Spit it out." 

Bonnie quickly rushes with her words, "I accidently touched Stefan and I got this bad feeling." 

Elena raises her eyebrows, "Is that it?" 

Bonnie glares and starts to walk away. She is stopped again, but by Madison. "Look, I know you are just looking out for Elena, but this is the first time I've seen her happy since mom and dad died. And I can tell Stefan is a huge part of it." Madison tells her best friend, who smiles and nods. 

Stefan walks up to the trio. "Morning Elena, Morning Bonnie, Morning Mads." Stefan greets. Madison and Elena say good morning to the vampire, but Bonnie doesn't. 

Instead she says, "Hey, um... Madison and I have to find Caroline. She isn't answering the phone." Madison rolls her eyes at Bonnie's excuse, but follows her, nonetheless. 

"Think of a better excuse next time." Madison mumbles. Bonnie rolls her eyes and takes her to class. Early. 

Cheerleading tryouts were today, Madison didn't do cheerleading. She played basketball. She was the captain but left due to the accident. The accident had fractured her ankle, which healed but not soon enough for tryouts. 

The tryouts were early because of the new incoming freshman, who wanted to play. She missed the tryouts, missing the season. Elena made her stay, considering they drove with one car to school. In the show, Caroline would arrive late with Damon.