{ one }

IRL, iMESSAGE

...

IRL

december 27th, 2020

the computer sat in front of her, idly, staring at her, itching to have something typed in it. however, the girl had different plans in mind.

aureiela grabbed her phone that was sitting on her desk and dialed her best friend's number, nora palms.

procrastination at its finest.

after a couple of rings, someone picked up and a feminine voice could be heard at the other end of the line, "hello?"

"nora!" aureiela let out an excited shout, causing nora to cringe slightly, "hi."

"hi aurei." nora said before chuckling, "why are you calling me at seven in the evening? don't you have to eat dinner or something?"

aurei let out a hum in response, indicating that no, she did not need to eat dinner yet, "i'm not hungry yet. maybe later."

"when was the last time you ate?" nora asked with concern laced in her voice.

"relax, nor. i ate a sandwich around four." she laughed at her friend's concern, "i swear, you're always so worried."

nora rolled her eyes though she knew that her friend couldn't see her, "yeah yeah, whatever." she smiled, "but for real, why did you call?"

     aurei spun around in her chair, "i'm bored." she dragged out the word.

     "okay, well that's not my problem."

     "but it should be." aurei countered, though it wasn't much of a counter. it was more like a pathetic excuse to keep her friend on the line.

     "don't you have a paper to write anyways?" nora asked, changing the subject.

     aureiela groaned on the other line, "that was the one thing i was trying to avoid. why else would i call you?"

     "okay, that's rude." nora said while aurei rolled her eyes at her friend, "why do you even have schoolwork? it's winter break."

aurei sighed, "you know how i procrastinate a lot?"

"yeah?" nora responded, already knowing what happened.

"well that happened, so i asked my professor for an extension."

"when's the paper due?"

"eh, around midnight." aurei replied, nonchalantly. however, nora was disappointed with her friend's productiveness today.

"and i can only assume that you haven't done any of it?" nora asked. aurei let out a hum in response, "aureiela, i swear to god."

"i'll get it done! i just can't be bothered to start it right now." she slumped down in her desk chair.

"i'm hanging up on you. i'm going to call around ten-thirty tonight, and by then i want your paper to be at least halfway done." nora explained her plan for the both of them that night, though she knew that aurei would protest against it.

"you're such a buzzkill!" aurei groaned, "can't i just bullshit it like i do with every other assignment i have?"

"nope. hanging up now."

"wait, no, please don't hang-" aurei begged but she was soon cut off by the beeping of her phone, indicating that nora had ended the call, "-up. goddammit."