{ two }

IRL

...

IRL

december 27th, 2020

     "hi there, can i help you?"

     the door opened to a tall, dirty-blonde, green-eyed man. needless to say, he was gorgeous.

"uh, hi. i'm here to pick up luette?" aureiela responded, though it sounded more like a question than a statement.

"oh, right. one second please." the man slightly closed the door only to shout into the abyss of his house, "DRIS, YOUR FRIEND'S RIDE IS HERE!"

aureiela stood there awkwardly before he opened the door back up and faced her again.

"i'm aureiela." she said in an attempt to get a conversation rolling.

"clay. you have a pretty name." he responded with a smile that almost made aurei's heart stop.

she blushed slightly, not knowing what to say to this boldass man, "t-thanks. as do you." she let out a sheepish smile.

before any more could be said, the two got interrupted by two teenage girls, one running out the door while the other stayed inside.

"sorry for making you wait, aurei. i didn't realize you texted me." luette said as she gave her sister a mischievous grin. lu looked back inside the house at her friend drista, who also shared the same mischievous grin.

"yeah, okay lu." aurei scoffed as she rolled her eyes, not believing her sister's story.

"i'm telling the truth but okay." lue responded as she wavered her eyes around dramatically for comedic effect.

aureiela rolled her eyes again but with a smile, "okay, i believe you."

"whatever." now it was luette's turn to roll her eyes. "bye dris, i'll see you after new years." she gave a small wave.

"bye lu, happy new years!" the girl returned the wave.

"happy new years!" she replied.

aureiela smiled at the girls' friendship. she knew it was a good one, much like hers and nora's friendship.

she looked back up at the man who surprisingly, was staring right back at her.

"uh, happy new years, guys." she said, though it was more so directed at clay than at clay and drista.

"happy new years!" clay said with the same smile that almost sent aurei into cardiac arrest.

aurei returned the smile before waving and walking back to her car with her sister.

the two sat in the car, aurei in the driver's seat, lu in the passenger's, before letting out expressions of their own.

aureiela slammed the door before hitting her head on the steering wheel, groaning, "why didn't you tell me that your friend had a hot brother?" she scolded her sister.