Page 181 - 184

They head into a room, still giggling. 

OK, I've come to the conclusion that Alvar is somehow showing me the past and it probably contains some important information that I am supposed to pay attention to yada yada yada, OK, I've seen it all in the movies, but one would think girls have evolved past giggling messes in all the years that passed, but I guess not.

"Rosalina, you're late," said a stern sounding voice from inside the room. I walked in. The room was dim, the only light source was from a fire roaring on one end of the room, a few candlesticks that were lit by a bedside, and the feint dim navy hue of the night sky coming from a closed window.

"I know, mother, but Hillary and I were just trying on some new-" she started, but was cut off by a tall, elegant middle-aged woman in a dress just as beautiful as Rosalina and Hillary's and her hair tied up I a fierce bun. Her poor hairline...

"I don't want to hear it. Hillary, I'm sure your mother is worried about you too, why don't you head on home now?" she said in a cold voice.

Hillary curtsied to the woman, and left the room, with a parting glance at Rosalina. I snuck a second glance at Hillary...why did she look so familiar?

When she was gone, Rosalina turned to her mother, "You don't have to be so mean." 

"My dear child, when you are Queen, you will have no time for friends. It's time you stop with the childish ways of the Ice Princess and start preparing for your role as the Ice...Queen," she smiled, all cat-like.

I am in the corner of the room trying not to laugh at the cliche-ness of this all. It's like a really bad soapie. Though something is telling me that these people aren't actors. And they aren't reading from scripts.

Even if that Rosalina chick is a bit fake. 

"What if I don't want to be queen?" she whined.

The mother was in her face before she could blink.

"Then you will bring shame to our family." 

The girl flinched.

"You do not show weakness, Rosalina. What is that head of yours telling you?" 

"Mother-" 

"I am not your mother. I am your servant. Make me bow down." 

"No," she sobbed. 

"If you will not command your own mother, how will you be able to command an entire kingdom?" she shouted, "How will you lead armies against The Flame Slingers? How will you be a proper queen? How will-" 

Rosalina covered her ears with her hands and shook her head violently, "Stop!" 

The window shattered and all the candles, including the fire, went out. There was glass everywhere. Her mother was on her knees. 

She looked up, blood dripping down her face from where glass cut her, and smiled that feline smile again, "Very good, my dear..." 

Rosalinda continued shaking her head and ran out of the room. 

I ran after her, cause that's what a good friend would do. 

Haha, just kidding, I wanted to see where she was going, and even if I didn't, anything was better than staying in the room with her crazy mother.

That woman needed some serious help.

Rosalina ran and ran until eventually, she ran into the chest of a man in full armour. I'm guessing this was a guard. We passed a lot of them in the hallway while she was running at full speed (which didn't agree to me...I don't do running), but I had just assumed they were all statues from the stiff ways that they were standing. It was like they hadn't moved for years.