Chapter 14

•𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻•                 ------------------------------A/N: There will be more time skips as to get to the exiting part at Hogwarts

                •𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻•
                 ------------------------------
A/N: There will be more time skips as to get to the exiting part at Hogwarts.

Time skip: 7 years later. Harry and Neville are 10 years old. Emily is 8 years old, and her cousin Ophelia Black; daughter of Regulus and Kaya, is 7 years old.

It was crowded in the Potter's living room. All the kids were playing and having fun and the adults were laughing and telling jokes. Suddenly all lights went out, only a faint light coming from the kitchen. Lily and James came in holding a cake and singing. They set the cake on the table as the singing became louder and soon everybody was singing. Harry and Neville were beaming, it was their birthday after all. Their celebration because they got their Hogwarts letters. As the song song was reaching an end, Harry felt a hand on his hair then his face smashed in the cake. The lights turned back on and Harry wiped his glasses to see Emily snickering and give James and Sirius a look.

"So you set her up on this?" Harry asked while pointing at his father and his godfather, then at his own face.

"No actually, I did it on my own. Those are just the congrats, 'caus I am brilliant. Thank you." She flips her hair, and bows.

They all laugh. Emily definitely inherited her father's liking of pranks.

"Now, you, Em, are the one that is getting the Marauder's Map." Sirius grins.

"Yeah... No. When she goes to Hogwarts she will need to focus on her studies." Marlene says a serious look plastered across her face.

Harry scooped some cake with his hand while Emily was bickering with her mother about how school isn't just about studying.

"Who cares about studying? if I'm going to Hogwarts I've got to have some fun" but she got shut up quick by her mother's glare. As Emily turned to take Harry's oppinion, he smashed the peice of cake in Emily's face.

"Who's getting the Map now huh?" Harry said, proudly.

The party went by fast, with everyone enjoying themselves. Marlene had a Quidditch match in a few days, so the Blacks were the first to leave. The Longbottoms and Remus them left after a few hours.

"Harry, go have a shower. You still smell like cake." Lily told her son. So he went up the stairs, groaning.

"Lils, you received a letter!" James called from the kitchen.

"Nice to see you're finally doing the dishes!" Lily smirked as she picked up the letter. It's from Hogwarts.

Dear Mrs. Potter,
In a time where we find ourselves short on Professors, we invite you to take the position of Potions Professor. When Professor Horace Slughorn retired, he specifically recommended you to follow in his footsteps and teach the subject. As you exelled in the subject back in your school days, Professor Dumbledore and I have no doubts that you will be perfect for the job. Feel free to deny the offer but we would be pleased to have you among us.

Sincerely,
Deputy Headmistress, Professor M. McGonagall

Lily stood in her place shock and happiness taking over her. She certainly was ready to have a job. And she definitely was talented at potions. But she had to talk James through it first.

"James, come here for a minute please." Lily said lightly. James stood behind her and read the letter over her shoulder.

"What is it, love?" James asked; Lily showed him the letter in response. He furrowed his brows then he broke into a smile and congratulated his wife.

"I am ready for a job, plus I will be with Harry. But what about you, James?" she asked. It was her dream to teach potions at Hogwarts.

"I can handle myself!" he replied.

"But I'll miss you."

Silence followed that statement. She would indeed miss him.

"I'll miss you too." He thought for a bit. "Okay, how about we buy an apartment in Hogmeade, you'll come sleep there every night, then go teach in the morning..." he trailed off.

It was a good idea, a brilliant one. And so they agreed on it. She wrote a letter back to Professor Mcgonagall accepting the offer, while James looked through the newest Magazines like witch weekly and the Quibbler and also The Daily Prophet. Lily was so exited to go back to the place that she called home.

A/N You have all the rights to be mad at me. I know I haven't been uploading like at all. I am running short on ideas. But I have decided to edit everything and change it. Really sorry that this chapter is shorter than others. I will not be uploading anytime soon, because I will edit the whole story. Thanks for the support. ❤️✨.