Chapter 17

•𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻•-------------------------------

•𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻•
-------------------------------

Shock was plastered over Draco's face that showed he was clearly not expecting this. But he got up and made his way to the Gryffindor table as they cheered. It was clear to Harry that this definitely wasn't where Draco wanted to be, or at least where his family wanted him to be. Draco had told Harry on the train that everyone in the Malfoy family is a Slytherin- either that or they are considered a disgrace. A few names later, Neville's name got called out and he confidently walked over and sat on the stool. The hat barely touched his brown hair when it shouted "Gryffindor!"

More applause burst from the Gryffindor table as Neville walked over there smirking. Harry zoned out for a bit until he heard his name called. He took a surprisingly steady step forward and sat on the wooden stool. The hat got set on his head and over his eyes.

"Ah, another little Potter!" the Hat exclaimed, "Gryffindor is where you belong, but you have got some Ravenclaw in you... Where to put you?"

Frankly, Harry didn't really care. He knew his parents would accept him wherever he was but there was something in him that told he wanted to be in Gryffindor.

"Ah, yes. Wanting to be like your mother and father, don't you?" the Hat asked. "Well, then." it took a small pause and shouted, "Gryffindor!"

Joy shot through Harry as he proudly walked over to the Gryffindor table, and sat next to Neville opposite Draco. A few minutes later, Ron joined their table. Harry finally took a closer look at the teacher's table, when Professor Dumbledore stood up to announce the beginning of the feast, where he saw his mother's familiar red hair and green eyes that he inherited from her, gazing upon him proudly. She was smiling, happiness shone in her bright eyes. Harry returned the smile. Finally, he turned back to his friends. Ron was asking his older brother about Professors and what they teach while Draco and Neville talked about all the pranks they ever pulled.

"Well, Professor Mcgonagall teaches Transfiguration and Professor Sprout teaches Herbology- she is also the Head of the Hufflepuff house. See that man over there? That is Professor Gimblehawk; he teaches Defense Against the Dark Arts." Harry listened carefully to Precy's explaining, while eating and looking up everytime to see who he was talking about.

"And who teaches Potions?" Ron asked, Harry smiled.

"Professor Potter. The woman with the red hair, next to Professor Flitwick. " Percy replied. After he looked up at the teacher's table, Ron turned to Harry, amazed.

"And why didn't you tell me  someone related to you is a Professor here?" Ron asked. At that Percy perked his head up slightly.

"She's my mother, and ir just never came up,"

"Professor Potter is whose mother?"

"Mine."

After the feast ended, Harry and his friends went up to the Gryffindor common room, guided by Percy. Once they reached a portrait of a woman wearing a long pink dress, with some pearls in her hair. Her smiling lips were covered with a hint of lipstick and her face was powdered white.

Percy muttered "Caput Draconis" and it swung open, revealing the magnificent Gryffindor common room. Couches were neatly placed around the room and moving paintings were scattered on the walls. Harry noticed two people in a painting playing a rather rough game of wizard's chess. A fire blazed in the fire place, where older students sat talking. The chatter grew louder when the others noticed their presence but Harry still heard Percy's instructions.

"The boys' dormitory is upstairs and down to your left. Girls, same to your right."

Harry and his friends along with two other boys walked up the stairs that led to the boys' dormitory. When they opened the door Harry immediately ran towards the bed next to the window.

"This one's mine, everyone stay back!" he said. Ron and Neville rolled their eyes mockingly at Harry's 'queen' moment but Draco took right the bed next to Harry without saying a word. He noticed a pained worried look on Draco's face. Not wanting to make him uncomfortable infront of the others, Harry decided he'll ask Draco about it later.

After a small talk, the others went to sleep. Harry learned that the other two boys' names are Seamus Finnigan and Dean Thomas. They were funny gals, Seamus always cracking jokes. But when he lay in bed, pretending to be asleep, Harry knew that Draco was not asleep yet, as he herd him always fidgeting around. After a few moments, making sure that everyone else was asleep, Harry sat up.

"Draco," Harry whispered, "Draco are you awake?" Almost instantly, Draco sat up on his bed. He hummed in response.

"Are you alright? You seem to be nervous about something." Harry asked. Draco took a moment as if wondering if he should tell Harry. In reality Draco never opened up to anyone, not even his cousin Dora. And he didn't know if he can trust the boy he just met some hours ago. Finally, he spoke.

"My whole family has been in Slytherin. From centuries ago, the Malfoy family proved themselves 'loyal' to the house of Salazar Slytherin and anyone that isn't in the house of the Serpent will be burned off the Family tree immediately. They are even more crazy about it than my mother's family; the Blacks. How am I going to tell my mother that I got sorted in the house that my family considered the enemy. Surely, I am a disgrace. My father has only three years in Azkaban until he gets out, when he does and hears about this he will surely punish me, even if this is out of my control." Draco explained, and Harry listened carefully, trying to find a way to help the boy sitting opposite him.

"My mother also told me write he a letter once the feast is finished- before I got to bed. But I don't know how to do that."

"I'll help you write the letter." Harry said, getting out of bed. Draco did the same and reached in his trunk for some parchment and his quill. Slowly Harry helped him find out a way to write the letter to Mrs. Malfoy.

When they finished, Draco set the quill down and quickly rolled up the letter and tied it to his owl's leg, which luckily happened to be perched on the window of their dormitory. Once the owl flew away, they both got back into bed.

"And if it makes you feel any better, my dad once turned your father into a ferret." Harry said, Draco chuckled.

"Thanks," he replied.

"Well, that's what friends do isn't it?" Harry said, loud enough for Draco to hear, before he fell asleep.

A/N: Good Draco 👏, innocent Draco 👏, bestie Draco👏. Until now I have not regretted putting him in Gryffindor even once. The OC will be revealed in the next chapter as well as some updates on what is going on with the marauders, Regulus and their partners. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope that you are all healthy and that you are having a great day/night. 💖💖