Write in Murder P1

James Henry would be looking at the newspaper stand. Next to him was a young woman who was on her way back from work, just stopping to chat with Jonas, the man who ran the stand.

"James. How goes your work?" He asked.

"Fine Jonas, I'm surprised your stall is popular with how fast news spreads online." James henry said.

"Well, you know, most stop for the magazines and tabloids, of course there's also the fact I'm in the city, reception is shitty with these buildings." Jonas said.

"Yeah, plus you got the spot in front of a large apartment building, you basically got a constant source with how cheap you sell your stuff." A woman said, as she approached the stand, pulling out her wallet and drawing a dollar. Jonas was holding a copy of the newspaper, reaching out when it happened.

A crashing sound rang out through the area, James looked up, and saw something falling, papers flying through the air, with shards of glass. Confused, James henry felt, frozen, if for a moment as his eyes were locked onto the falling object. It was falling towards him. His freezing fear was broken was able to move just moments before a metallic crash came down, along with raining glass and wood. Looking down, he saw the item, scattered all around, before the lady who was talking with Jonas just seconds ago, was on the ground, bleeding.

James Henry was frozen, he couldn't make himself move, he felt pain in his legs. Looking down, he felt his leg become warm. Looking down, he saw that there were cuts, mechanical parts rippled into his pants. Stumbling back, he finally brought himself to movement, and getting feet back, leaning against a sign, he would lift his pant leg, seeing a few cuts from metal that also had cut through his pant leg with the velocity they fell and been launched by the shattering of what ever it was that was destroyed.

Hearing a siren in the distance, James would watch as police cars drove up and cops got out, pushing people away from the body.

"It was thrown from the 4th floor!" a voice cried.

A pair of cops rushed in, as another stood in the door. James Henry just sat down near by, he was.....feeling stunned and weak, along with everything, it may help if he gave some testimony.

A police cruiser would drive up, before a woman stepped out, she was in a suit jacket, with a badge hanging from her neck.

"Get some tape up. Block the area. Gather the witnesses, get statements." She ordered.

She first Spoke with Jonas, before she turned to look toward James henry, as he lowered his pant leg, seeing the cuts of the pants and the bits of blood covering his legs. She narrowed her eyes on James Henry, and approached him.

"You were near the victim, when this happened in your own words?" She asked.

"I had spoken with Jonas. I came here to pick up a newspaper, to then go to a meeting with my editor. I...I..I heard the sound of the window being broken, and looked up and saw papers and glass falling, with whatever crashed down. I don't see what it was. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help than that." James Henry explained.

"That's good. If we need any more assistance or if you remember anything else, please give a call." She explained, pulling out a business card, "Isabella Montero: Homicide detective."

James Henry stepped away, wincing he looked down at his leg. The cut wasn't bad, it was a cut that dripped a slowly, but he felt that he'd be bruising once he had the adrenaline wear off. He would stay standing, until he was bumped into him. Falling to the ground, he was helped up, by a woman, she was dressed in a loose sleeved, grey long sleeve shirt and a pair of capri pants, the most notable part of her was her height, with James henry being 6'2, he craned his neck back to look up and see the woman face to face, who stood nearly a foot taller than he did.

"Thank you." James Henry said, as he was pulled to his feet. He felt something crumpled up in his pocket. 

Pulling it out, he looked at a piece of paper. Rubbing his thumb over the paper, the ink smudged a bit....still wet, but the paper isn't warm.

8-3+20+0-23+13+4^2=
20-12-3+0-3-1+18+1-19+17-14+0+3+8+5-0+8-15-7+19-1+0-16+12-2-4+10-7=
8-3+0-1+4-4+10+6-0–9-2+3^2+0-4-3+15=
9-0-5+5-5=

"What is this?" James Henry asked, scratching his head.

"It looks like a match problem." the tall woman said.

"31, 17, 26, 4?" James Henry said, as he went through the math.

"Could be a combination for something." the woman said.

"Maybe, but....what the hell is it for?" James Henry asked.

He looked for the man who bumped into him, before approaching the police line, holding the note.

"Detective." He cried out.

Isabella Montero would look at James Henry.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Did someone step out of the building? I was crashed into and I found this. I couldn't get a description, but, something about this seems like it may be something." James Henry explained, holding the paper out for her.

She took the paper and had it put in a bag. "You'll need to come to the police station to get your prints so we can eliminate them from the paper, see if we can find others." She explained.

"I can take him." the tall woman explained.

"Bau, you're needed here to get photos, not drive a suspect to get his prints taken." Isabella explained, shaking her head annoyed.

Bau, seemed to look disappointed at that statement, before she took her camera from her bag and took aim, taking a picture of the scene.

"Miss Powers, come with me, I can show you the room the item came from." A police officer said.

The tall woman ducked under the doorway as she walked into the building. James henry was approached by a police officer.

"Come with me, I'll take you to the station, get your prints, and get you back home." The officer said.

"Thank you. I have a feeling that today is going to be much longer....and more stressful than I'd like to admit." James Henry joked.

"You're telling me. It was a type writer that was thrown if you'd believe that." The Cop explained.

"Really? That's a surprise." James Henry said.

"You're telling me. Who uses a type writer now a days?" The Cop joked.