Words like knifes and words like roses part 1

Hey guys! So this was a request from, @pygmyPuff14 and I hope you like it!

WARNING: this will have mild language in it.

This one shot has Stoick in it since you and hiccups age only goes up to 16 in this. So yay! Stoick's alive!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You and hiccup are both 6 at the beginning of this, but from there I will specify when you change age.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV

You walked along the bank of the river, humming slightly.

"(Y/n)! Please be careful!" Your mothers voice rang out.

You nodded, not looking at her. You kept your vision on the sand, looking for seashells, "I will!" You reply.

Suddenly a force knocks you back, and you fall to the ground.

"Oh! I'm sorry!" A boys voice exclaimed.

You look up to see a boy that looked to be about your age, which was 6. He had unruly auburn hair, and his forest green eyes were full of shock and concern.

"Are you okay?" He asked, reaching down to help you up.

You shrink back, your shyness kicking in. He tilts his head at you, before repeating the question.

You merely nod in response, and the boy smiles slightly.

"Don't be afraid. I won't hurt you. What's your name?" He asked, reaching his hand back out for you.

You look at his hand, then back up to him, His kind green eyes calming you slightly.

You slowly reach your hand out towards his, "(y-y/n)." You squeak out as he helps you to your feet.

His smile widens, "that's a really pretty name." He says.

You cracked a small smile, placing a strand of hair behind your ear, "w-what's your name?" You ask.

He looks down, rubbing his neck. He muttered a name, but you didn't hear him.

"What?" You ask.

He sighed, "hiccup." He mumbles.

You smile, "really? That's so cool!" You say.

He looks up at you with wide eyes, "what did you say?" He asked.

Your smile vanished, and you reverted back into your shy state, "I-I said that was cool." You said quietly.

He smiled slightly, "you really think my name is cool?" He asked, to which you nodded.

His smile widens, "your the first person to ever think my name was cool."

You smiled as well, rocking back and fourth on the souls of your feet, "why wouldn't anyone think your name was cool?"

He shrugs, "well....it's hiccup." He says.

You giggle, "well, I like it." You say.

He smiled, "you wanna be friends?"

You bit your lip, "I've never really had a friend before." You say, rubbing your foot into the sand.

"It's okay. Neither have I. Which only makes it all the better. You'd be my first friend!" He smiles.

You smile back, "well...alright. It's an honor to be your first friend."

He grinned, "same for me." His eyes traveled down to the area where you had fallen. Shattered seashells you had previously collected surrounded the spot.