Chapter 24

AN: I CRIED AGAIN WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME xx A.

AUDREY'S POV

"Oh, sorry for being rude. I am Eleanor, nice to meet you." She said as she extended her arm offering a hand shake. 

Holding back my tears I put on a smile that I hope would pass as genuine. "I'm Audrey, and same here." 

She beamed another winning smile and faced Lou once more and enveloped him in another hug. Again, Lou was just striken and stood there accepting the hug with no return of gestures. 

"Popcorn?" Niall offered beside me. 

"Actually, I have to head home." I said picking up my bag from the floor. 

I clearly got Lou's attention as he rapidly turned around to face me. The look on he had was very foreign to me. He looked lost, confused, surprised all at once. He looked sorry as well, which hurts even more to look at. 

"I'll take you --" He started to say but I cut him off.

"No Lou, it's okay. Besides, Eleanor is here." I pointed out. 

Eleanor politely refused my offer. "No no! It's perfectly fine. Go, take her home first." 

I started making my way outside. "No, really I got this. Thank you for today, Lou. Good bye guys." 

I finally faced Eleanor who was busy looking at his man. The look on her eyes scream longing and love. She was so in love with him, it was radiating from the moment she hugged him. I wanted to hurt myself, knowing every single kiss Lou and I hid from her. I felt guilty, and I know I should. 

I knew one day this would happen; the day when Lou and I faced the reality that there was no us, not as long as there was a them. I just didnt know it would happen this soon. 

"It was nice to meet you." I told her. 

As I started making my way to the door, I can feel a pair of eyes not leaving me. I shut the door behind me and knew to myself I didn't want to go home. So I found myself making my way to one place where I know I can unwind. 

---------------

It was nearly seven in the evening when I reached Sound City Studios. I lifelessly pushed the doors open. I saw that the receptionist was out and that the door of one of the studios was open. The same one where Zayn and I .. hung out.

I took a peek at the clear glass and saw that no one was in sight. I slowly crept in and made my way pass the sound booth. I pushed open the door of the recording booth and switched on the lights. Everything was in place like the last time I saw it.

I then found myself slipping at the side of the wall and curling up in a corner. Then the tears uncontrollably poured out. I hate crying mostly because I hate admitting to myself that I was weak. But that's what makes us human, I guess. Our weakness.

Then I heard footsteps from outside and the door quielty creeking. 

I wiped my tears, well atleast tried to."Zayn?" I called out thinking it was him. 

"Sorry to disappoint." Harry said as he entered the studio. He had on a huge smile when he entered the recording booth but it immediately faltered once he saw me in this current situation. 

His satchel slipped from his shoulders and landed on the floor. He swiftly passed all the microphones and instruments until he reached me in my little corner. He crouched down until he was the same level as me. 

I covered my face with my hands hoping he'd get the hint that I do not want to look at him. His warm hands gently clutched my arms to lower them so he could see me. I caught a quick glimpse of him and saw that his face was full of anxiety.