Chapter 22

AN: Video on the side is the trailer I made for this story! I also posted in on the first chapter :) Watch it! And like it on YouTube :)

----

AUDREY'S POV 

I flipped the last page of the well written teen age book I was reading. I loved it. I love how the story revolved around the main character yet he was not the one who had the happy ending with the girl. I love how a story isn't all about love, it's about friendship as well. 

I placed the book on my desk and strolled my way to the music player to pump up the volume of Harry's third mixtape which he gave to me for my birthday. As always, he would say a little something at the end and he would be the one to sing the last song. 

"I hope you liked it, had a hard time finding the perfect songs for your 18th birthday mixtape. Audrey?" 

I giggled, it was like he was expecting me to answer. 

"I have something to tell you. Come closer." 

I feel like an absolute wuss as I bit my lip and followed him. I strolled closer to my stereo. 

"Closer." His husky voice insisted.

I took three more steps. 

"Put your ears closer to the stereo, come on. You have to hear this." 

I slowly bended over until I can feel my ear touching the sound holes of the stereo. I felt the chills when I heard his soft slow paced breathing on the tape. 

"You don't have to be afraid to give your heart to me, Audrey. I promise to take care of it, take care of you. Everyday, I wake up wishing that you're mine .. and wonder have you ever thought of that too?" 

I wanted to hit the stop button. I can't handle this, he was too perfect. I don't deserve this. 

"I'll take care of you, that I promise." 

I grinned at my stereo, trying to fight back some sappy tears that are about to fall. I know why I was about to cry. It's because no one has ever done this to me before. No one has made me feel special enough to be noticed. 

"And Audrey?" He added. 

He began singing yet again, one of my favorite Ed Sheeran songs. "This is the start of something beautiful,this is the start of something new. And you are the one that make me loose it all.And you are the start of something new, ooh"

I felt bad, because I still don't know if I feel the same way for him. All the effort he put into, for me. All the sweet conversations, the honest words  ... do I really deserve it? 

"Audrey, time to go!" Mom hollered from downstairs. 

Oh yeah, today is the big day I almost forgot. The nervousness kicked in and I wasn't even out of  my house yet. I grabbed my bag and hit the stop button of the stereo before heading out my room. Three days ago, I got a letter from Simon saying he wants me to be under SYCO records. Simon, wants me. 

-------------

SYCO's office in LA was as posh as Simon Cowell and Sony combined. Platinum records of their artists were displayed on the walls. Ofcourse, the boys where there. Man, I wish they were here. At least I could look at Niall and he'd make a funny face to calm down my nerves. 

I was sitting in the lobby, waiting for me to be called. I rehearsed a hundred possible question and answer throwbacks between Simon and I, and I felt a tad confident for a moment.