Chapter One

It's been two months. Two months since resumption, and two months of bugging the hell out of Troy. She just didn't get the memo, he didn't want to hang out with her, or talk to her. But she kept coming back no matter how rude he was being.

Today was just like any other day, she had finished all her morning classes and was free at noon. She had on an oversized black sweater and her signature black faded jeans and her white sneakers. Her hair was pulled into a messy bun, soft hair tendrils framed her soft but sharp looking face. Her friend, Farah, was a short brunette with big round eyes and a small butt which she never failed to complain about. She was a girl who loved cats and sometimes acted like one.

Anna had two other friends, Brinley and Emerson, but they were more of Farah's friends not hers.

Emerson was really skinny and tall. She sported a black bob and cherry red lips with a clear skin. While Brinley was taller than Farah but shorter than Emerson, making her average. She had a straight shoulder length blond hair, with some pimples scattered around her puffy cheeks.

Anna saw Troy sitting alone in a bench, she walked closer with a little bounce in her steps, eager to see the grouchy man.
She sat next to him and grinned, "Hey. What're you doing here all alone like some loner?"

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" He grumbled under his breath

She smiled wider, "as a matter of fact no. So it's just going to be me and you." He cursed at that. "Oh poo, don't be like that. We'll have loads of fun."

He ignored her and picked his earphones and increased his music volume, tuning her out completely. She pouted and thought of what to do next then an idea came to her mind swiftly, then she grabbed his earphones and took off running.

Startled, Troy gasped. He turned to see the annoying girl running with his earphones and he gritted his teeth. He had just bought those.

He stood up and ran after her, "Anna! Quit being a baby and give me those earphones!" He bellowed.

His angry voice sent chills down her spine and she ran faster. She had always been a good runner, right from childhood. Troy would've been impressed with her running skills, if he wasn't fuming and chasing after her at the moment. "Anna!"

She laughed loudly and took a turn, bumping into some people and making apologies right after, but those people didn't slow her down, they slowed Troy down instead. Making another turn she slammed into a big man. The momentum sent her flying backwards in a very unpleasant manner. The man glared at her with his piercing eyes, and God was he gorgeous. His mismatched blue and green orbs never wavered from her lean form on the hard ground. "Watch where you're going next time." He said.

No apology, no help! How rude. She glared at him, "sorry." She muttered, feeling a little embarrassed. He sent her a discreet look of disgust before turning and walking away. "Wait!" What am I doing? "I'm Anna, and you are?" She dusted herself up.

He stopped walking and gave her side glance, smirking a little, amusement flickering through his eyes, "bye freckles." Then he stalked away.

She huffed. So much for trying to make new friends.

And just then, Troy ran in, face red and sweaty. "Anna, I swear to God you better hand me my earphones now or else." He glowered.

Anna sighed dejectedly. "You must be really mad at me now."

Troy scoffed. "Just give me my stuff. I don't want to be there."

"Let's go to my apartment, you could use some refreshments." Troy wanted to turn the offer down, but he saw the way she looked at him and he sighed tiredly. He agreed and they walked side by side silently. Anna admired his braided hair, it was collar-bone length, weaved in two parts. His full eyebrows drew together as they walked and he seemed deep in thought. "We're here." She said, he looked up and analyzed the place. He nodded in approval and they made their way in. A loud bark erupted from the living room, startling the two of them.