13.

Both Kai and Newt were standing behind the door to the kitchen, with their wands drawn. They could hear a man and a woman's voice as Newt slowly opened the door. They both creeped behind the wall before looking into the living room to see Queenie and Jacob standing there, holding a broken vase. The couple turn to see Kai and Newt standing there confused before Jacob drops the vase again and rushes over the them.

"Hey! Newt! Get over here, you maniac." Jacob says excitedly before pulling Newt into a hug.

"We hope you don't mind, we let ourselves in. It's raining out there, cats and dogs. London's cold." Queenie says hanging her jacket up on the door.

"Kai!" Jacob screeches before pulling her in a hug and squeezing her.

"You were supposed to be oblivated." Newt states, looking at Jacob confused. Jacob let's go of Kai and started laughing.

"I know. It didn't work, pal. I mean you said the potion only erases bad memories. I didn't have any. But this angel here filled me in on all the bad parts and well, here we are." Jacob says wrapping an arm around Queenie.

"This is wonderful!" Newt says happily.

"Wait is Tina here?" Kai asks before heading towards the door, only to see nobody else standing there.

"It's just us. Why don't I make us some dinner?" Queenie asks as Jacob shouts in joy.

The three of them sit while Queenie prepares their food. Kai sits beside Newt while they watch Queenie help Jacob with his napkin.

"Teen and I aren't talking. She found out about Jacob and I seeing each other, and she didn't like it cause of the law. And then she was all in a tizzy anyway cause of you two." Queenie says before Kai interrupts.

"Us?" Kai asks as Queenie nods.

"Yeah. It was in Spellbound. I even brought a copy for you." Queenie says using her wand to place the book in front of Newt, and opening it at a page. "Newt Scamander with fiancée Leta Lestrange, brother Theseus and unknown woman." Queenie says reading the title.

"No, see Theseus is marrying Leta, not me." Newt says looking at Queenie who's eyes widen.

"Wait, so why haven't you be replying to Teen's owls?" Queenie turned to Kai.

"So that explains all of the mail that's addressed to you." Newt says looking to Kai.

"Sorry 'bout that." Kai says as Queenie looks between the two confused. Kai shakes her head before Queenie moves onto a different subject.

"We are real excited to be here. This is a, well it's a special trip for us. You see, Jacob and I, we're getting married." Queenie says cheerfully.

"I'm marrying Jacob." Jacob says before through the glass of liquid over himself. Both Kai and Newt look between the couple and each other before Queenie speaks.

"What?! I have not." Queenie says using Jacob's napkin to clean his face.

"Will you stop reading my mind?" Newt begs.

"That is an outrageous accusation. Look at him. He's just happy. Unlike y-" Queenie begins before stopping, looking between Newt and Kai.

"Then you won't mind if I-" Newt says standing up and pointing his wand at Jacob. Queenie stands in front of Jacob defensively.

"Please don't." Queenie says. Kai slowly stands up and meets Queenie's eyes.

"Queenie, you've got nothing to fear if he wants to get married. We can just lift the enchantment and he can tell us himself." Kai says softly. Queenie slowly steps aside and walks over to where her bags were.

"What you got there? What are you gonna do with that, Mr Scamander?" Jacob says giggling.

"Surgito." Newt says lifting the enchantment. The pink enchantment bursts above Jacob's head as he looks at Kai and Newt confused.

"Congratulations on your engagement, Jacob." Newt says as Jacob's head snaps in his direction.

"Wait what? Oh no. You didn't." Jacob says as both Newt and Kai look to Queenie. She quickly grabs her case and jacket before racing out of the front door.

"Queenie! It's very nice to see you both. Where the hell am I right now?" Jacob asks.

"Uh London." Newt says calmly as Jacob sighs in frustration before chasing after Queenie. Kai sighs quietly before looking back up to Newt. Kai notices pieces of paper lying on the floor as she goes over to investigate with her wand in hand.

"Papyrus Reparo." She mutters a spell as the pieces of paper attach together in their original state. A postcard from Paris hovers in front of her before she grabs it and turns it over.

"My dear Queenie, what a beautiful city. I'm thinking of you. Tina." Kai read out to herself. She turns to find Newt standing right behind her.

"Sorry." Newt says as Kai smiles slightly. She pushes past him to head back down into the basement before Newt stops her.

"What are you doing?" Newt asks.

"Going to Paris. Coming?" Kai asks smirking as Newt gives in and follows her. The two rushes down the stairs, past all the creature to get to their coats.

"Hey guys!" Jacob shouts from the top of the stairs.

"Down here Jacob! We'll be with you in a second." Newt shouts up as he opens his case. Kai is busy writing a note for Bunty when Jacob appears behind her.

"He's mad for you." Jacob says quietly at Kai, pointing to Newt's open case. Kai turns to see a picture of her and another picture of her and Newt during their time at Hogwarts.

"Queenie left a postcard. Tina's in Paris looking for Credence." Newt says appearing in front of them. Newt quickly glances at Kai to notice the open case.

"Genius. Queenie's gonna go straight for Tina. Okay we're going to France pal. Let me get my jacket." Jacob says as Newt pulls out his wand getting his jacket.

"I've got it." Newt says as it lands in Jacob's arm.

"You told Dumbledore no, didn't you?" Kai asks Newt.

"And he sent you, knowing I'd go with you." Newt says as Kai nods.

"Clever man." Kai says as Newt chuckles.

"Let's go to Paris." Kai says looking at Newt and Jacob.