10.

"Kai." A soft voice speaks as a hand gently touches her cheek. Kai's ears suddenly stop ringing as her eyes are met with Newt's.

"Glad to see your normal eyes." Newt says as Kai looks at him confused. Before she could ask, she heard Picquery speak.

"The Obscurial was killed on my orders, Mr Graves." Picquery speaks as Newt helps Kai onto her feet.

"Yes. And history will surely note that, Madam President. What was done here tonight was not right." Graves speaks angrily.

"He was responsible for the death of a No-Maj. He risked the exposure of our community. He has broken one of our most sacred laws." Picquery argues.

"A law that has us scuttling like rats in the gutter. A law that demands that we conceal our truth nature. A law that directs those under its dominion to cower in fear, lest we risk discovery. I ask you, Madam President. I ask all of you. Who does this law protect? Us? Or them? I refuse to bow down any longer." Graves speaks as Kai recognises the words he used. They felt familiar to her.

"Aurors. I'd like you to relieve Mr Graves of his wand and escort him back." Picquery commands as the Aurors put up their own shield to stop him from escaping. He turns back and looks down at Kai smirking before marching back towards the Aurors and Picquery. As the Aurors strike at him, Graves shields himself as he walks towards the President.

"Newt! Swooping Evil." Kai says as he nods, setting his creature loose. Newt uses a spell to create a somewhat lasso to tie up Grave.

"Accio!" Tina shouts, retrieving Graves' wand. The three walk over to Graves as Newt points his wand at him.

"Revelio." Newt says causing Graves' hair to change from a black to a white colour. His face changes shape and reveals Grindelwald.

"Do you think you can hold me?" Grindelwald speaks quietly to Picquery.

"We'll do our best Mr Grindelwald." Picquery replies as the Aurors escort him out of the underground. Newt stood near the entrance of the underground, holding Kai's hand as Grindelwald stopped in front of them. Kai could feel his eyes on her as she tried to control her anger.

"Will we die just a little?" Grindelwald asks before being pushed up the stairs by the Aurors. Newt quickly pulls the woman into a hug as she calms down.

"I figured somebody ought to keep an eye on this thing." Jacob speaks as Kai and Newt separate and turn to face their friend. He hands the case to Newt before he thanks Jacob.

"We owe you an apology Mr Scamander but the magical community is exposed. We cannot obliviate an entire city." Picquery speaks.

"Actually, I think we can." Newt says.

Newt had place the case on the floor and climbed in to get Frank. Newt had now climbed out and stood waiting for the Thunderbird to soar out of the case. Suddenly Frank flew out of the case and screeches as he seen Newt and Kai standing there. Everyone else had taken steps back away from the creature, Kai was about to do the same when Newt grabbed her hand. He softly smiled at her as she moved closer to him, squeezing his hand gently.

"I was intending to wait until we got Arizona. But it seems that now you're our only hope Frank." Newt spoke softly to the bird. Frank slowly moved closer and gently rubbed his head against the two.

"I'll miss you too." Newt says trying to not get upset.

"We both will." Kai says gently stroking the Thunderbird. Frank screeches as he stands up straight, Newt holding a vial in hand.

"You know what you gotta do." Newt says before throwing the vial. Frank catches it with ease before flying up into the sky creating dark clouds above them. It begins to rain down as Aurors around them start disappearing to fix the city that was destroyed.

Kai was cuddling into Newt as they watched the sky closely. She could tell Newt was sad but never interrupted his thoughts. The Aurors began to fix the hole in the roof of the underground, blocking their view of the outdoors.

"They won't remember anything. That venom has incredibly powerful obliviative properties." Newt says holding his case and an arm around Kai.

"We owe you a great debt Mr Scamander. Now, get that case out of New York." Picquery says to Newt, looking at him, Kai and Tina.

"Yes Madam President." Newt says as she walks away. She slows to a halt and turns to face them again.

"Is that No-Maj still here?" Picquery asks as she sees Jacob standing behind Queenie. "Obliviate him. There can be no exceptions. I'm sorry but even one witness, you know the law. I'll let you say goodbye." Picquery says before leaving the five of them.

The five of them slowly walk up the stairs in silence. They reach the top and stand under the shelter as Queenie grips onto Jacob's hand.

"Hey. This is for the best.I was never even supposed to be here. I was never supposed to know any of this. Everybody knows Newt only kept me around because..." Jacob says as his voice breaks looking at the four.

"Hey Newt. Why did you keep me around?" Jacob asks.

"Because I like you. Because you're my friend. And I'll never forget how you helped me Jacob." Newt admits causing Jacob to start crying. Queenie quickly runs up the steps and hold Jacob's hands as Kai, Newt and Tina give them some privacy.

"I gotta go." Jacob says gaining everyone's attention.

"Jacob." Kai says walking up a few more steps.

"It's okay. It's okay. It's just like waking up right?" Jacob asks as everyone stays silent. He looks past Queenie to Kai and Newt.

"Thank you both. For everything." Jacob says before closing his eyes and stepping backwards into the rain. Kai could feel her eyes sting with tears as the rain soaked the man. Queenie suddenly walked out using her wand to create an umbrella. She cupped his face and kissed him. Newt was holding onto Kai as they both had tears running down their face before they apparated off to Tina and Queenie's apartment.