You Go To The Zoo

Lucifer

The first weekend of June, the local zoo let people in for free. You were ecstatic because you loved to see animals. Usually, you'd never go to the zoo because you didn't want to contribute financially to a place that caged animals, but that didn't mean you didn't want to see them.

You saw today as the perfect opportunity to ask Lucifer on a date. For once in his life, he was free that weekend and had taken every precaution to ensure his brothers didn't learn of his whereabouts so as not to disturb you both.

"Would you like an ice cream?" Lucifer asked, pointing to an ice cream stand. The bars were shaped like animals and looked amazing. You hesitated, and he rolled his eyes.

"If this is about the contributing money thing, then just consider it as your money going to buying the animals' food."

You clutched your growling stomach and relented, letting him buy you a monkey-shaped ice cream bar. You sat on a bench near the free-roam area where the more harmless animals walked about.

Lucifer ate a popsicle and held your hand as you sat on the bench, looking around at the chickens and goats.

Something caught your eye, and you beamed and pointed at the familiar animal. "Lucifer, look, a peacock."

Lucifer deadpanned and looked at you exhaustedly, "are you going to do that every time you see a peacock?"

"Yes." You insisted as you slowly bit into your ice cream.

He sighed, "I guess it can't be helped. How about we see an animal that isn't a bird next."

You'd brought him to every bird exhibit that day hoping to see a peacock, and he knew it though you never admitted it.

Truth be told, he was actually happy to see some peacocks. They didn't live in the devildom and were very beautiful creatures though they didn't seem to want to approach him, likely sensing his demonic aura. Most animals had been frightened by him that day. He worried it would ruin your experience, but you didn't seem to mind, which was a relief to him.

He saw your concern at how small some of the exhibits were and considered setting the animals free but decided that'd cause too much trouble for himself and Diavolo in the long run, as well as potentially endangering you. However, he did have fun envisioning the chaos.

You saw the evil smirk on his face and decided to pull him far away from the large cat exhibits and into the indoor exhibit.

"Luci, look at the scorpions! Should we take a picture for Asmo?"

"No, I'm not entirely sure he'd enjoy being compared to them...though I'm sure his reaction would be fun. Take a picture and show it to him in person instead," he grinned, and you agreed, going along with his little scheme.

He didn't show it as much, but he loved messing with his brothers as much as they loved messing with him.

You moved onto the next exhibit and frowned when you couldn't find the chameleon.

"I don't see him," you said sadly, and Lucifer immediately made it his job to find it so you could see it. He grinned upon discovering it and pointed it out to you. You instantly brightened up and cooed at the small reptilian.

Seeing how much you seemed to like the little guy, he asked, "would you like one?"

"Huh? A chameleon?" You asked, surprised. "You'd get me one?"

He nodded, smiling, taking pride in making you so happy.

"Hmmm....oh! I know an animal I'd like even more, follow me!" You insisted and dragged him behind you until you reacted an open field by the same ice cream stand you'd been to earlier.