Chapter I

Stupid
(Piers Nivans x Reader)

Chapter 1

"Piers, _______... stay close," commanded Chris. "Yes, sir!" Piers replied almost immediately. It took me a second or two to respond to my captain's order: "Y-yes, sir!" I said in a hushed tone. The combo boots that I had on felt really heavy on my feet with every careful step I took. The Assault Shotgun I carried with my small hands was heavy too, but I had grown used to it; its cold and rough metal was familiar to the touch as well. With watchful eyes I looked around, making sure that the area we're surveying was clear.

My job is not particularly an easy one. My name is _______ _______. I am a member of the Alpha Team in the B.S.A.A. organization, operating under the command of the Legendary Hero, Captain Chris Redfield, the courageous man whom I hold in high regard. You may find it odd but yes, I'm a female; not only that, but also the youngest member of the team. So yeah, one would ask, how could a mere girl survive that hell of a place that we'd call "military school", keeping up with the merciless life of a soldier? I must say, it is tough. But, I am here... and I'm proud of it.

Our team had been detached into the war-torn country of Edonia, in a mission to track down the viral weaponry and eradicate bioterrorism. This team of 12 members had been split into smaller groups of three and since I was the one with the least experience, I ended up teaming with Capt. Redfield and with the second-in-command and Ace of the B.S.A.A., Piers Nivans.

The three of us went into one of the abandoned buildings of the small town, while the other members of the team were sent to cover other areas. Cautiously, we made our way across the first floor, into dark rooms and through blood-stained corridors. "There's nothing here, captain," said Piers, who was trailing behind me.

"Alright... let's check upstairs then," was Captain's order.

"Yes, sir!" We responded in unison. With Captain Redfield in the lead, we walked up the staircase and onto the second floor. It was a big building, so it took us some time to make sure that the area was clear of any signs of bio-terroristic activities. However, we came to realize soon enough that we weren't the only ones in the building. We heard deep sounds of banging metal and growling coming from somewhere around the second floor which we had just arrived to.

"Stay sharp! They're here." Although I knew that he could not see me since I was walking behind him, I nodded almost automatically to my captain's order. We aimed our guns higher, checking each and every room we passed. This wasn't my first mission as a B.S.A.A. operative, but I couldn't help the increasing pace of my heartbeats. The view before my eyes was not pleasant at all, frightening even: blood had been sprayed across the floor and on the walls... it was both terrifying and revolting. "Where are those freaks?" Piers muttered. I could discern the same anger and disgust mingling with his voice.

Alertly, we proceeded further into the building, following the weird noises that kept on growing louder and louder with each step we took. Our feet faltered as we reached the front of a metal door behind which the uncanny sounds were coming from. Chris grabbed a tight hold of his gun and kicked the door forcefully, breaking it down quite easily. Inside the room stood two weird-looking creatures, intimidatingly weird; they had human bodies, but we knew all too well that they were nothing near human. They flinched and whipped their heads to look at our unanticipated arrival. Both of them had their faces totally disfigured; I'd been informed through recent updates about these new species of Bio-organic weapons (B.O.Ws) which were manufactured by some lunatic terrorists and were also known as "J'avos"... but I honestly did not expect those damned terrorists to go this far!