Studying the Snakes

Hey guys! Sorry I've been off Wattpad for a bit! This is a really short update, but I promise that I'll get more out, and the more important bits of the story!

After Chen returned home, he immediately went to his room, noisily pulling his chair out as he sat down in it. From his bag, he pulled out the Anacondrai guide book that he'd begged his father to let him borrow from the Library of Domu. That night, he'd studied about the Anacondrai obsessively, examining every page of the book carefully to gather as much knowledge as he could. Then, fearing that he'd have to return this book soon (The books in the Library had to be returned within a week), he got out a stack of paper and a pencil, and started to copy everything in the book. On the first piece of paper, he scribbled a messy depiction of an Anacondrai soldier, drawing an outline, and then got a red marker and purple marker and coloured it in.

Within three days, he had finished copying everything from the guide book down onto his own paper, memorising everything while doing so. He finally understood why his teachers said that rewriting helped with memorising. Within those three days, Chen had learned just about everything he thought he needed to know about the tribe of purple reptiles who were led by their leader, Arcturus: their origins, their habitats, their properties and qualities, their diet (just about anything edible, humans included), and their beliefs. Apparently, the Anacondrai and the other snakes believed there to be a Golden Master and feared him greatly. The snakes believed that he would arrive in Ninjago and curse the land. What stupid belief was that, thought Chen. But, perhaps, he could use this to his advantage. Maybe dress up in full gold and appear to the snakes, make them worship him?