Unsettling Inquiries

Fingers brushed over the sensitive skin of your face, running along the burns on your cheek before moving further up to feel the eyeless socket, while your other hand carefully traced the outline of your socket, fingers waving infront of your other eye - still testing if you're really blind after all these years. A soft exhale left your lips, shakily rattling in your throat as the familiar feeling of dread pooled in your lower stomach.

"Pull yourself together, ___..."

You spoke to yourself, before feeling in front of you for the black veil that hid your hideous face, silk stimulating your fingertips just for a moment before you had grabbed it, carefully folding it before wrapping it over your eyes, using the excess at the back to wrap around your bun, next reaching for the mask sitting in front of you, where you always know it'd be. It covered the bottom half of your face, originally it was supposed to filter air on a planet you'd lived on as it was non suitable for humans, but you'd eventually made the move to Nevarro... You're attachment to it causing you're inability to let it go... a perk here was the guild, while cautious of your disadvantage... were very accepting, after the first few months.

"___, if you don't mind. You have a comm request from Greef Karga."

An automated voice spoke, making you turn your head to the side. You nodded and pressed the transmitter sitting on your desk - though you couldn't see, you heard the soft vibrating sound of a hologram appearing -

"___, I need you here - an arrangement has been made and... well, you have a job"

"A job... What is it?"

"Just know you're expected to show"

"You mean you can't tell me -"

And with that, the comm had ended - a soft frustrated sigh left your chest as you put on the mask, hearing a soft hiss as it clicked onto the metal implants in your jaw. Guiding the tube around your waist before clicking it into the filter strapped to your hips.

"Riki, bring me my coat please... and get the speeder out of the garage"

You stood up, feeling for the blaster in its holster before moving across the room. Your Droid hummed in response, heavy metal feet clanking against the concrete floor as it left the room. You had a highly developed sense of surrounding, it had come with time but eventually you were able to sense where most things were, and while it wasn't the perfect replacement for your sight it was very helpful, especially in terrain you hadn't memorized. You grabbed the utility belt on the bed, wrapping it around your waist careful of the filter before feeling for the ammunitions laid out across the sheets, feeling the objects, putting them were they were meant to be and finally sliding a dagger into the strap above your knee.

For a bounty hunter, you were very unarmed - truthfully, you can't fire a blaster unless the target is close but you knew how to fight. Even before your accident, you'd been very good at it.

"___, I have your jacket and mother, has prepared the speeder"

Riki's modulated voice spoke from the bedroom door, earning a nod from you as you carefully made your way to exit the room, grabbing your jacket as you passed by Riki - who was now following close behind you.

Not long after you arrived at the parsect, stepping off the speeder you let out a sigh.

"I'll send mother a ping when I'm done here... c'ya in a bit, Riki"

The Droid had left, you took a moment to breath - quite nervous because Karga had never been so ominous about a job before... walking into the building, smells of spotchka and food came through the filter, whatever was being cooked smelled delicious but that's now why you were here... making your way across the room, narrowly dodging a few rowdy hunters before sliding into the seat across the where Karga usually sat.

"You got here quick... so let me get right to it... uh, there's been uh... a special...
Request from a client"

Your eyebrows knit together in confusion, as you leaned back against the seat.

"Request?"

"Yes... you've been asked to... attend a hunter with his or her bounty"

There it was, it wasn't as big as you thought it'd be but it was still a surprise to hear

"Bounty?"

"Yes... The client is very anxious about receiving the bounty... so I suggested you"

Karga spoke as he readjusted himself in his seat, hoping you'd accept the task.

"You... suggested a blind bounty hunter to someone?"