Tin Can

It didn't take long before he showed up, the way the room quieted down, the chittering of droids silent when Mando walked in told you he had. Turns out, he had taken the job - it had been several days since your conversation with Karga regarding the bounty and you haven't learned much except that the asset was extremely valuable.

"The Blind Courier, never thought we'd be working together again..."

The Mandalorian spoke, his voice quite raspy - you could tell, even through the static of his communication filter. An exhale left your lips as you let down your drink. Of course, it had to be him

You thought to yourself, visibly annoyed... shaken? With this revelation, but that didn't stop you from rising to your feet - not allowing his gesture of small talk to go further.

"Take us to the client"

You said, your own voice - though in better quality had a metallic ring to it when you spoke. You and Mando hadn't been within good terms since your last bounty together... it must've been years ago, before the crash that left you blind. In all honesty, Mando wasn't the man he is now - he was inhumane in your eyes. He valued the credits more then anything else and had left you to die on a desert planet. Taking the entire bounty for himself. Atleast, that's what it looked like to you.

Mando didn't say anything more, instead leading you out the door - the sound of his footsteps enough for you to follow him without trouble, as you caught up to walk alongside him, you had bumped into his shoulder - muttering a quiet sorry as you took a side step away from him.

"Any idea about the bounty?"

You asked, not alot of details had been spared to you. You figured Mando would have more to know, but the silence from him told you otherwise. He was always quiet, but back then he'd atleast answer with a quick No. A quick nag of need for reassurance settled in your chest, a hand reaching out to feel for the cape that laid over his shoulders, waterfalling down his back. The cold beskar stinging your fingertips, Mando didn't notice the light touch to his armor and cape. Atleast you hoped he didn't, even if he did. You were grateful for his continued silence as he guided you both to your destination, where you two would receive word from the client.

After your meeting with... an imperial operative, you grabbed onto Mando's shoulder with a grip of steel, not sure if he was looking at you or not, your jaw clenched, so hard the sound of your teeth grinding together registered through the communication filter.

"Imperial? We're not actually going to... do this?"

A moment of silence, you could hear a soft sigh from Mando.

"Are we? Di- Mando?"

His name nearly slipping past your lips as he shrugged your hand off his shoulder.

"No choice... we have the fob"

His modulated voice spoke before he had began to walk away, you followed close behind. A scowl on your forehead, hot on his trail with more to say to this metal head.

"No choice? Mando, they're imperial!"

"I know that but we already took the down-payment... let's go, ____"

You stop, fingers tightly holding into his cape forcing him to come to a stop as well.

"They took my eyes, Din! This is their fault... and you let them"

You whispered that last part to yourself... the memory of it hurt but you didn't let the weight on your shoulders weaken you. The incident happened not long before the second death star had been destroyed, you and Mando were on the hunt for a bounty - taken to a desert planet in a different star system. Storm troopers were using weapons against locals so you intervened, your carelessness causing a ruckus bigger then you intended. Of course, Mando's priorities laid with the guild code - at the time the guild was working with The Empire. So he didn't get involved, instead heading off to find the bounty and collect you on his way back to the ship but you'd already been detained by The Empire. He didn't know what happened until a month later, your hearing was already back but you were still unable to see... his visit to your residence in Nevarro being the first since your arrest. You were angry, hurt - you screamed at him and threw things but you missed. He left you. No one would understand why it hurt so much that he did except Mando.

You would come to understand if you'd just let him explain - but Riki, your Droid had forced Mando to leave.

What you had said caused Mando to stop entirely, you knew it too.

"____... We have a job to do"

Was all he said.