Ethan: Quiet

It was the day after the test, and I, for the first time, was beat. I was just laying on my bed. Zed was also inside the room, playing a bouncy ball. Once he stopped, he heard me sighed like the most tired man of the group. "I'm beat too bro." He laughed.

I chuckled, "Well at least I'm not alone in here."

"Remember what Eugene told us when we were in Eden? About you being a talkative person?"

"Stooooooop." I covered my face with a pillow.

"That, my friend, was a rare event. Eugene's lucky. I wish I was there."

"You wish you were him." I threw my pillow at Zed.

"Only that event." We laughed. A moment of silence fell again. Until I broke it, "Hey Zed," I called.

"Yep?" He asked.

"Do you—— do you miss Eden?"

Zed sighed, "Now that you mentioned it.. Yeah, I— I do. I heard from Oz that Emily and the others were in the Safe Zone."

"Yeah, Law is going to try to communicate with them."

"Now?"

"That's what he said."

"I wanna talk to them too." He sat.

"You can go, I won't stop you."

"Neeehhh. I am BEAT." He laid down again. "Where do you think our location would be?" He asked to keep up our conversation.

"I have no idea."

"Can I use Lawrence's line when we all first met him?"

"What line?"

"Ask first, 'Where are we going?'"

I smiled in the same time I sighed, "Where are we going?"

"Somewhere." Zed laughed.

"Ooohh that line."

"I can't believe you forgot his line."

"So we're talking about lines now?" I laughed.

"Eugene's line was... What was his line again?"

"He always says the fudge."

"No, it's—"

"Language Zed."

"Oh! Acting like Harry now are you?"

"Shut up." I threw another pillow at him. "But seriously, Gene kinda loves that word wherever, whenever, whoever he talks to. Even if only a fork fall."

"Ah yeah, the youngest always has the guts to be hard as a rock."

"He's not that hard to handle."

"Easy for you to say." Zed stood up from his bed then put on his shirt.

"You said that you were beat." I said as I looked at him getting ready to leave the room.

"I'm not totally beat like you. I'm just goin' for a walk. Do you wanna come?"

"You just said that I'm totally beat."

"Eh, your choice. I'll be back probably.. Night?"

"Don't be late for dinner."

"Yes dad." He teased.

"Hey!" And again, I threw the last pillow I had at him, but he caught it in time.

"Bleeehh." Classic Zed.

The whole day was like a day off. I didn't go outside our room, except when we ate lunch and dinner. I didn't talk to them much also. I only slept, ate, and played Zed's bouncy ball. It was boring, but it was also relaxing. Everything was quiet, it was like there was peace.
_____________________________
The next day, I was sitting on my bed and leaning back against the wall. "Jeez what to do?" The others were busy being themselves while I was alone here by myself. A knock surprised me that I hit my head accidentally. While I rubbed my head, I walked to the door and opened it. "Hello son." My dad greeted.