Eugene: Missing

Another new day.. Annoying day maybe. I walked slowly on deck like the ship's speed. 'I have nothing to do. Hate this s***.' A while ago, I just walked away from the others while they talked about stuffs that I couldn't relate on, 'cause I'm the youngest. For A YEAR. Yet I couldn't relate for even ONE TOPIC that they were talking about.

After a tiring long walk, I sat on a bench nearby and let out a long sigh. I looked at the view of the sea and remembered something.. precious to me. I remembered my sister, Riley. She told me once back then that she wanted to travel on a ship and check out the beautiful sea until sunset. And I promised her that one day we'll get on a luxurious ship with mom and dad then check out the view of the sea together, until sunset. Happy memories. I wish mom, dad, and she were here. Checking out the sea together.

My thoughts vanished as a guy holding a little teddy sat at the other end of the bench. I didn't stare at him, it would be weird if I did. However, he suddenly introduced himself to me. "Hello, I'm Paul Vryner. What's yours?"

"E-Eugene.. Eugene Parker." I answered awkwardly.

"I have autism."

"It's okay, I'm not doing anything anyway.. What is your job on this ship?"

"I'm a keeper. I like to clean things and wash my hands afterwards to hold my teddy bear."

When I looked at the teddy bear that he was holding, I recognized its design. A teddy bear holding a small heart at the middle that said.. I love you. And that reddish brown color that was a perfect match with its black eye color. "Do you mind if I hold it?" I asked.

"Okay.. Be careful with it." Paul handed me the little teddy bear. As I recognized it, I also remembered of how I knew this kind of teddy bear. While I touched it, Paul asked me, "Do you own some bears?"

"N-no, not really. But my sister did. We would always pretend that there's a tea party every weekends." I answered.

"Where is your sister?"

"With my parents."

"At the safe zone?"

I gave him back his bear and sigh, "Safer than the safe zone." I looked up the sky then down to the view of the sea, and look at him again. "Where did you get that teddy bear?"

"Aunt Dani stole it for me."

"Wait— Stole?"

"When we were in an abandoned mall. She stole it for me before she told me to run. I don't know why she told me that, but after the whole running.. I ended up on this ship."

"Do you know now why she told you to run?"

"No... But.. I guess it's bad."

"Are you afraid?"

"A little. Now that we're talking about things from our past."

"You're— you're brave." I smiled reassuringly at him. "You just.. Need to know that..and never let go the people who are always there for you. If you understand what I mean though."

"I do understand." He suddenly stood up. "I need to go back to work."

"Alright, thanks for.. letting things out. I think what I needed was..a breather. After everything that happened."

"No problem!" Paul smiled then went back to his work.

I also stood up from my seat and walked again. After a few steps, I saw Harry stared at the sea. I stood beside him and watched the view with him. With no hesitation, I spoke to him, "I met this guy, Paul Vryner, he has autism but he was nice. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is... I guess after everything, I just needed a breather. I'll admit, it's very tiring, you know? The whole Eden part, revenge.. We— we'll get to it someday. Together.."

Dangerous People: Side Stories [ON-GOING]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें