Theatre

You wake up at around 6am.
Another day, another boring life.
You get up out of bed to take a shower. You finish cleaning yourself up and grab some clothes. You grab some ripped mom jeans, a green sweatshirt, some air forces, and a hair tie. You put on a gold locket, and some hoop earrings. You do your makeup, which is basically mascara and lip gloss, and brush your teeth.
You take your things off your desk and shove it into your backpack. You walk out your room and downstairs to the kitchen. You pull open the fridge to grab a bottled smoothie. You close the fridge to see a note hanging from a magnet. You read it.
The Note: Y/n and Oliver, I am working late today. Please make sure you do the dishes. I will see you tomorrow.
She never says "I love you" anymore.
You sit down on the counter and look at your phone. You scroll through instagram and pinterest. You sip your smoothie while looking at your phone. You hear someone walking down your stairs, to remember it's your brother.
"Hey y/n/n(your nickname)!" Your brother, Oliver, says as he rubs your hair.
"Heyyy, be gentle Olly." You say smiling.
"You need a ride to school?" Oliver asks as he grabs a Gatorade from the fridge.
"Yeah, can we pick up y/f/n (your best friends name) on the way?" You ask.
"Sure thing." He says grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl.
"Also, I am gonna walk home. There are auditions for the school play today." You tell him.
"Good plan, you ready to go?" He asks.
"Yes, let me just grab a water bottle." You tell him.
You put your phone in your pocket and put on your backpack. You walk around the counter and grab a water out of the fridge. You walk out the door, Oliver following and locking the door.
You hop in the passenger seat of his car. Oliver gets in and turns the car on.
"Can I have the AUX?" You ask.
"Yeah, here you go." Oliver hands you the AUX cord. You start playing your favorite song. A few minutes later, you pull up to y/f/n's house and knock on her door. She opens the door, says goodbye to her parents, and runs to the car.
Must be nice to have your parents always around.
You get in the car, buckle up, and drive off. You and y/f/n keep jamming to the songs.
You get to school and Oliver parks his car in the students parking lot. You all get out and start walking to your school building. Your school is pretty small. The middle school and high school are all in the same building. You're a freshman so you are still new to this whole "high school" thing.
You walk in the building and get to your first period class. Math.
You are fairly smart. You get good grades and stay on top of your work. You have a good reputation with everyone. And relationship were never really your "thing". You always had the occasionally "yeah they're cute" thought, but never acted on it. You were only focused on your education and aspirations.
You get through Math like any normal day.
Next period. PE.
You were never a big fan of PE. Not because of the fact you have to be active. You were actually quite athletic, but never did school sports. You didn't like it because you have to wear your sweaty gym clothes run and because of your teacher. He was overweight, never did the workouts, and just tell us what to do and no freedom.
You get in PE and change to your school's gym clothes. It's basically just some cheap white shirts and blue shorts since those are your school colors. Today was running day. That means you have to run around the track all day and see how many times you loop around. Luckily you had you're best friend in the same gym class to get through it.
~Time Skip to last period~
Last class. Theatre. You have always been a fan of acting. Taking local theater, participating in school plays, all that stuff. You've asked your mom to sign you up for an agent but like always, she ignored you. You always found theater a way to escape from reality, be in your own world. There is mainly Juniors and Seniors in your class but you got in as a freshman. You have the most supportive drama teacher in the world and honestly one of your favorite people. Her name is Mrs. Potthoff. Even her name just gives you theatre vibes.
You walk into class to see Mrs. Potthoff at her desk writing down. She looks up and her face starts glowing.
"Y/n! Please take a seat." She says happily.
"Hi Mrs, Potthoff." You say very excitingly. You take out a book and start reading. You usually get to class early to have free time. Students soon start filing in and taking seats. The bell rings again announcing that everyone should be in their last class. Mrs. Potthoff stands up and starts talking.
"So as you know today is performance day. You all have a monologue that you chose and are going to perform. This is just a fun little thing but you are getting a grade. I want these performances to be dramatic, and feel real. Project your voice and articulate your words. Cry if needed, make this feel real. " She says.
"Daisy, why don't you perform first." Mrs. Potthoff hays pointing to a tall girl with blonde hair. Daisy stands up and gets in front of the class. A few students pass by then it is y/ns turn. You get up and get into character.
The Monologue:
Do you ever feel like life just passes you by? That now you're going out and getting drunk as teens then the next you are sitting in an office with grey walls asking yourself "What am I doing here?" What is the point of life if you aren't going to live it. People lose their lives and loved ones everyday asking themselves "why didn't I just take time? Why didn't I just let go of my worries? WHY DID I CARE SO MUCH ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE THOUGHT OF ME TO THE POINT THAT I LOSG MY TRUE SELF?" What's the point of life if you're not living it to its fullest? Because life is short. Life is short and it is so fragile. And if we take too much time thinking about the future, we will never get to learn from our past. Growing up is a shitty thing but I can't control that. So you know what, go make mistakes, and learn from them. Because you only live once. and you need to make this one count. This one short phenomenon that we call life, make it count.
At some point in your monologue you started crying for dramatic affect. When you are done an overwhelming amount of positive claps came back. You take a bow and sit down. You felt good. You felt alive.
After class, Mrs. Potthoff asked to speak with you privately. You walk over to her desk when everyone leaves and sit down in the chair in the front of her.
"Y/n. You are a very talented young girl. And watching your performance today, was simply breath taking. You made it seem as if those were your thoughts and your struggles. I know you're auditioning for the play today. But I feel like you are wasting your talents here. You need to go out there and show the world what you are capable of." She says full on serious.
"Wow, I don't even know what to say." You tell her choking on your words.
"So don't. My brother is a casting director for the show Stranger Things and they are looking for a girl who is very talented and I think you should audition." She tells you.
Now you were really speechless. You were obsessed with Stranger Things and the thought of you being in it was unbelievable.
"Wow that's amazing. Of course I will audition." You tell her.
"FABULOUS. Auditions are Friday. If you can't afford to fly out there, then I will for you." She tells you grabbing your hand.
"Ok woah. This feels like a dream come true. I need to talk with my mom first and I will email you back as soon as possible." You tell her.
"Ok, well we better head to the auditorium for auditions."
You nod and grab your bag. You follow her upstairs to the theatre.
~Time Skip to When you get home~
"So how was school, and auditions." Oliver asks as he is making dinner.
"Good. Really good actually." You tell him, "Potthoff gave me a talk about my acting and future and she told me about this really cool opportunity to go to Atlanta and audition for Stranger Things. "
"No way. Baby Sis! That is incredible! I'm so proud." He says walking over and giving you a hug.
"Thanks but auditions are Friday and I don't know how to tell mom. She's not as supportive as you." You explain to him.
"I know. But you have to go for it. You need to make your life worth it and if you don't you will be kicking yourself everyday because you didn't do what you wanted to." Oliver tells you fully focused on you.
"Wow, thank you so much Oliver. I love you." You walk over and hug him.
"I love you too y/n/n. Now come on. Let's eat." Oliver says setting out the plates in the dinner table.

I can tell that life is gonna get better soon.