Lack of Hope

Once docked on the first island of Jabberwock, Naegi, Kirigiri, and Togami, were quickly shooed away by the other foundation members, brought to the third island. The members originally assigned the task of presenting these seminars were given strict orders to not interfere with the ex-remnants unless it was during a designated seminar time.

On the third island, Kirigiri, Togami, and Naegi were put in a room in the motel to practice for their seminars. First, Kirigiri and Togami would talk for a little, but it would simply be all leading up to Naegi, the star of this seminar. He was their Ultimate Hope, after all.  

They made their preparations, making last minute additions to their speeches and making sure they looked presentable. Once they were certain they were ready with five minutes to spare, they made their way to the seminar venue, a small movie theater on the same island the motel was on. It was said to be equipped with a stage and some equipment for speeches brought over from the oddly named music venue, 'Titty Typhoon', on the same island. Apparently, that was supposed to be the original seminar location, but it was moved to the movie theater when the music venue was deemed distracting and lack of seating.

Naegi watched as his friends walked on the stage, their shoes clicking on the hardwood floors, piercing through the deafening silence of the room. He had expected the ex-remnants to be more lively, but apparently, that wasn't the case. The only person who looked remotely interested in the two on the stage was Komaeda Nagito. The one known for being a servant to the Warriors of Hope and sacrificing himself in the Neo-World Program killing game to uncover the AI of Nanami Chiaki as the traitor. He also took Enoshima's left hand, replacing his own. Naegi wondered what he was like as a normal attendee of Hopes Peak.

During most of Togami and Kirigiri's joint speech, Naegi observed the ex-remnants. All he could think of were the atrocities they committed as he looked at their bored faces. They looked extremely bored of everything going on around them. It was a little saddening. Most of them weren't even paying attention to what Naegi's colleagues were saying, simply zoning out or busying themselves with something else, anything else.

A hand from the audience was raised. It was Hinata Hajime, the reserve course student who took part in the Kamukura Project, and a key survivor of the Neo-World Program killing game. This lifted Naegi's spirits a bit, knowing someone would finally contribute and make this really feel like a seminar and not a simple speech reading. Kirigiri noticed his hand and allowed him to speak.

"I had a question. Am I allowed to ask?"

"Of course." Kirigiri walked to the front of the stage and sat on the edge, presumably trying to look more approachable. "Questions do not have to be saved for the end. It's encouraged to ask them as freely as you wish."

"Thank you." Hinata stood up. "Can you guys just go now..? We've heard all of this before, and it's honestly kind of annoying listening to it all again."

Another figure stood up. Kuzuryuu Fuyuhiko, the man who entered the Japanese Diet with Pekoyama Peko, slaughtering those within, and a survivor of the Neo-World Program killing game. He also replaced his right eye with Enoshima's. "I'd have to agree with Hinata. Sitting through something like this would be a waste of our time."

Next stood up Sonia Nevermind, then Souda Kazuichi. Owari Akane stood next, the rest of the group following suit. All of them were voicing their discontent and want for the three Future Foundation members present to leave. All but Komaeda.

The ones standing began all talking at once. It was overwhelming. Naegi moved his focus to his friends on stage. They didn't seem to be taking the resistance to them well, which was understandable. It wasn't everyday where a simple, non-controversial hope speech caused such a riot.