Slave

So the Prophet wanted to marry mom. Everyone believed that he could marry a married woman because he could communicate with God. They all believed that he received permission from God. This caused many arguments between mom and Dad. Dad wanted to know if he was just supposed to give up and watch mom live with another man. Dad wanted to know if my mom loved the prophet. Would she love him if he was not the prophet? Dad even asked if my mom still loved him? Dad had a lot of questions and mom answered none of them. She was honored to be another wife of the prophet and thought that it was her duty to do so.

The Prophet himself intervened and warned Dad not to object to his will, which was also God's wish. I was with Dad when he was speaking with the prophet. I was shocked at how the prophet bullied dad. I knew that my Dad could beat him up. I could not help thinking that Dad was everything the prophet was not. I did not understand why mom wanted to marry the prophet. It would have been great if Dad stood up to the prophet and told him that it was wrong to steal a wife. This did not happen. Dad told the prophet that he was not going to protest or cause problems. He just wanted to have some time with me as I would always be his daughter.

Dad suddenly left Paradise. The prophet told him that he was no longer welcome here.

Mom only talked about the wedding and how our life would change. She wanted me to remember that Dad was now gone. I had to forget he ever existed and consider him to never as my Dad. I was to erase the memory of him from my mind. Mom thought this should be easy, as the prophet was always a father to me. I was shocked and mad when mom said this. Did she not remember when he loved him? Did she not remember when they fell in love? This was a waste of time arguing with mom about it. She was now a different woman.

I really missed Dad. He was in the outside world. A world which most likely changed a lot and would be hard for him to get back in. Dad had no money and no connections. I guessed that he would live with granny if she was still alive. I knew that he would get work as he was intelligent. This may be true, but Dad was now alone. He lost everything in the name of God. I was so afraid that Dad tried to write to me and I would not be allowed to read it. Dad would think that I did not want to answer him.

They say time heals wound. This is not true. A few years passed and I was now 17. It was still mom and me alone, although she spent most of her time at the prophets. Our relationship declined. We were like strangers. When she did speak, it would be like listening to a propaganda machine of the prophet. I also knew how to make mom mad. I would just mention that I missed my dad. This would outrage mom as it was so forbidden to talk about him. You would think that I hate my mom. This was not true. I still loved her. I knew that she was weak under another person's control. Deep inside, was still my mom.

Things went very bad during the summer when government agents rolled into the town. They have had complaints that illegal things were happening at Paradise. They talked about financial and human rights violations. Agents spoke to everyone and asked did they work long hours? Did they often starve? Were we allowed to leave? I had the opportunity to tell the agents everything. Yet I did not say a word. Mom was close by and she could hear everything. I honestly was never so afraid in my life. This was my opportunity to be saved and taken away, yet I just told them that I was very happy to be here. The agents left shortly afterward.

Things did not go back to normal. The Prophet went crazy and his craziness was getting worse and worse every day. He would appear at our prayer gatherings and shout left and right. He would remind us over and over that he was our best friend and that he was God's friend. He thought that someone had tried to betray him with lies and deceit. He had warned everyone that he would find out who helped the agents to come. The prophet looked tired and insane as he demanded that we had to be loyal.