Chapter 4: Meeting Tinker Bell

After a long while of him sobbing, he heard a strange bell like noise, a sort of chattering, but he just ignored it. Then it got louder. He looked up for a second but saw nothing, so he put his head back down, and continued to sob.

“Boy, why are you crying?” A strange, small, squeaky, and jingly voice asked.

Peter looked up, but saw no one.

“Who said that?”

There were the oddest chattering, squeaks, squeals, bells, and high-pitched noises Peter had ever heard. He started to feel afraid.

“Who said that? Where are you?” The noise continued as if it was saying “Over here, over here! I’m here.”

        Peter put his legs down slowly to make it easier to run if needed.

“Where are you?” he cried.

        “I’M RIGHT OVER HERE!” Peter could tell that’s what the voice said.

        “Where?” Peter cried.

        Just then a small glittery lady, a fairy, flew over and stood on Peter’s knee. “HERE!” It said angrily and stomped her foot.

        Peter’s eyes were so wide that they looked as if they might fall out. “What are you?” he said intrigued.

        “A fairy, silly.” The small lady giggled.

“A….. a….. a….. Fairy?” Peter just stared at her.

She nodded her little head.

“Well…… why are you crying?”

Peter shook his head as if to shake off his disbelief and looked to the ground, “I’m sad.”

The fairy just looked at him with her hands on her hips. “I saw that. Why are you sad then?”

“My parents wanted me to grow up and be a stupid man!”

The fairy opened her mouth to speak but Peter interrupted her, “So I ran away and snuck on a ship, and now I’m lost and cold and wet and ugggh!” Peter pulled his knees back up, buried his face, and hugged his legs, knocking the little lady off.

“Hey!” she shouted.

Peter paid no attention to her, he just wept.

The fairy flew up, stood on his shoulder, and patted the side of his head. “There there, little boy. It’s okay.”

“No it’s not,” Peter said muffled.

The fairy poked his head and leaned close to his ear so he could her well. “What’s you’re name?”

Peter looked at her. “Peter Pan,” he stood, “and who are you?”

The fairy, now flying, said, “I am Tinker Bell. I fix things for the fairies.”

Peter nodded, still staring.

        “May I call you Peter?” Tinker Bell asked.

“I don’t care. Where are you from?”

“Neverland.” Tinker Bell smiled.

Peter looked confused, “What’s that?”

Tinker Bell started to get very excited, “A magical land where children never grow up!”

Peter jumped for joy, “Really? They never grow up?”

Tink squeaked and nodded. “Would you like to live there?”

Peter had the biggest smile on his face that Tink had ever seen. He shouted, “OH! CAN I?”

Tinker Bell covered her ears, for Peter’s shouting was far too loud for a little fairy. Then she smiled at him and nodded her head.

“Where is it?”

Tink pointed up to the sky. “You must go to the second star to the right, then fly strait on until mourning.”

Peter looked disappointed.

Tink tilted her head. “Why are you sad now, Peter?”

Peter had his head down. “You see, Tinker Bell, I can not fly.” He wiped a tear of disappointment away.

Tinker Bell put her head down as well. Then an idea hit her! “I’ll teach you!” she squeaked.

Peter threw his head up. “You can?”

Tink smiled mischievously and nodded her head.

“How?!”

        Tinker Bell flew over to Peter and started jumping on his head until a glittery dust fell on him. He snatched her by the wings and glared at her.

“What are you doing?” Tink started laughing because she thought the face he was making was funny.

“You’ll see,” she giggled. “Think of a splendid thought and your joy will lift you into the air!”

        “Okay, it sound’s easy enough.” Peter let her go and started thinking aloud, “Playing, sword fighting, being a boy forever!” He started to float in the air. He smiled, “Never growing up! Never!”

        Tinker Bell was smiling and laughing. She motioned for Peter to follow her and he did.

“Neverland here I come!” Peter shouted. “Yahoo!”

        So off they flew to the Neverland, the land where children never grow up.