Deception

It had been three months since Terra had killed Slade. Killed my friend. I'd still had his plan working away in the background, but it just wasn't the same. It could never happen without the attention it needed, and working with the team, my family, meant it couldn't get that attention. Maybe one day it would, maybe one day when I felt strong enough to leave the team. But I wasn't ready to lose again not yet.
Crime hadn't stopped to mourn his passing, not that I had expected it to. It had been a welcome distraction, and it was there to distract again. A break in at the bank, we were there in ten minutes to see Jinx, Gizmo and Mammoth robbing it blind.
"I could use a hand here," I caught the end of the sentence as we came into the doorway, Cyborg keeping going towards them.
"How 'bout a foot?" And kicked him so that he went flying across the room and into the wall opposite, catching the other pair's attention.
I got out my bo staff, twirling it in my grip to ensure my wrist was loose, "Titan's Go!" And I moved straight towards Gizmo as we all branched off.
He pressed some buttons on his chest plate, causing him to be projected multiple times and then flew straight at me. I quickly knelt down, allowing him to go over the top of me, but I'd lost visual, he could be any one of them now. I attacked the first one that came at me, my staff swiping straight through the hologram. I turned to look for more, a sudden panic letting itself in as I saw Mammoth mid-leap coming straight at me. I moved quickly into a back handspring (one-handed may I add, totally not showing off) and got out of the way as he came down where I had been seconds before.
The shockwave from his landing went straight at Raven who brought up a shield to protect herself but as soon as it came down Jinx appeared behind her and knocked her down, but not for long as I caught her just before she hit the ground. Glad I had as not even a full second later the ceiling was coming down on us and we were forced to run our separate ways as Cyborg came over.
"Three raids in one week?" He asked as he sent a blast at Mammoth, "Man, this is seriously getting old."
"The hive academy's new leader must be up to something," I replied as I deflected the falling debris from above and smashed through one that was coming at me from the side.
However that became less of a worry as I was forced to leap out of the way as Mammoth attempted to flatten me once again.
"And wouldn't you like to know?" Jinx teased as she prepared another spell, but was taken out by Starfire.
"Yes we would," It was a rhetorical question Star, but the passion was great, top marks.
I quickly moved back to Mammoth, but he was expecting my kick as he backhanded me across the room and into a wall.
That freaking hurt. I moved back across the room, we weren't going to stop them getting out of here, we needed a new approach. I palmed a tracker and threw it at Jinx, letting out a small smirk as it landed on her back, splitting my staff into two escrima and throwing one of them at her as well so she'd write off anything she might have felt as that. She quickly came back with a single blast throwing me into the wall, my weapon landing back at my feet. I spent a moment just trying to stop my vision blurring before I recovered and came back over to land behind Raven with Starfire, Cyborg somehow attached to a magnet on the ceiling.
"Joking," Gizmo said, must have missed whatever came before, "Let's blow this place," And he and Mammoth headed for the exit, Jinx following a moment after having sent a final blast at us.
"Yo," I looked up as I landed back on stable ground and Cyborg fell, the magnet still attached, "Nobody pulls a science fair on me and gets away with it."
"It's okay Cyborg," I said and he stopped his chase to listen, "We'll see them again, sooner than they think," And I held up my tracking device to reveal the location of Jinx.

"Tracking device," Beast Boy commented when we had returned to the tower and loaded my tracker onto the main screen, "Very sneaky. Looks like the Hive's secret headquarters isn't so secret anymore."
"So," Raven asked, "What are we waiting for?"
"We need to know what they're planning first," I explained, "Otherwise we can walk right into a trap," Something I learnt from Slade, not Bruce who preferred the hit first ask questions later tactic.
"Do I hear an undercover assignment coming on?" Beast Boy asked and I turned toward him, "Lucky for you guys, I happen to be a master of disguise," I repressed my chuckle as he turned into a monkey, then a kangaroo and finally a mongoose.
"Yeah, a green mongoose is gonna blend right in," Thank you for voicing my thought's Raven, always the only other logical one here.
"Sorry Beast Boy," I said, "I was thinking of someone with a slightly better disguise," Emphasis on slightly.
"What are you gonna do?" Beast Boy asked once he had turned back, "Dress Cyborg up like a washing machine?" And as he hit him on the chest Cyborg toppled and fell over, causing Beast Boy to turn into a lizard and stick to the ceiling.
"That isn't me," We all turned as Cyborg walked through the door, "That's my fully robotic replacement," And he hit some buttons to get it to stand back up as the remaining three of us went over to check it out, "Not nearly as cunning but he can bench press a bus."
Starfire gave it a knock on the head, fully metallic I could hear and no reaction.
"Boo-yah," I take that back, reaction.
I sprung across the room as the head came off the body, attached by a single spring and a sheepish looking Cyborg stood behind it.
"He still has a few bugs to work out," Cyborg said as Beast Boy came back down from the ceiling at last.
"No fair, I may be all green but he's half metal. How come he gets to go?"
"Because I have a new toy," Cyborg taunted before smashing his fists together.
Instantly the room filled with light and I covered my eyes until it was gone. And when I looked back at Cyborg, he looked... not like a cyborg anymore. He looked human.
"A holographic generator," Starfire applauded.
"Dude, you look..." Beast Boy started but he couldn't find the word and trailed off.
"Unplugged," Raven finished for him and my smirk grew a little.
"Nice work," I commented, "If I didn't know better, I'd think you were just normal."
"Uh, thanks," Cyborg responded, he never was the best at taking compliments.
"Take a rest for a few minutes whilst I set up the last of the communications," I said, "Everyone else, feel free to relax."
I turned to the computer and finished setting up a new frequency to communicate on, if they could intercept us before, which was a risk if they find the tracker, they can't anymore.
Once that was done I headed to Cyborg's room to find him and Star already there, "Cyborg, it's time."
He and Star exchanged a look before we all said our goodbyes to Cyborg and he headed off.