001. CHOKE ON YOUR PRIDE

001. CHOKE ON YOUR OWN PRIDE, POTTER!

         JAMES POTTER HAD SPENT HIS SUMMER BASKING IN HIS OWN PRIDE

JAMES POTTER HAD SPENT HIS SUMMER BASKING IN HIS OWN PRIDE. Somehow, he managed to score higher than Ellington Rosier on not only one but two of the end-of-term exams. He even went as far as sending her letters at least once a week during the summer holiday to rub her own defeat in her face. The letters usually contained an unnecessary 'P.S.' from Sirius Black, who resided at the Potter household after getting disowned from his. At times, Ellington didn't bother responding, which only made Potter send her a Howler instead, where he and Sirius dished out taunts and jeers, usually ending in them saying, 'Can't wait to see you soon,' but it was nowhere near sincere. There were also the occasional times when Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew, Potter's other goons, would add their own comments. 

Ellington Rosier felt the strong urge to hex every one of them when she laid eyes on them.

Her family was curious why she kept throwing all her letters in the fireplace, letting the crackling flames consume them, a paradigm of her indignation. If her parents knew who the letters were from, regardless of the fact they weren't friendly, she would be castrated. They didn't take too lightly to so-called 'blood traitors' associating with their daughter.

Ellington was anxious. Seventh-year was going to be stressful, especially with N.E.W.Ts coming up and having to decide what career path to follow. Potter managing to secure a win over her wasn't something she expected. It took her completely off-guard, throwing her into a one-eighty. She had to live with the fact that she spent almost every waking moment studying while he was off doing Merlin knows what, yet still scored higher than her on two exams. That made her all the more spiteful.

   It also didn't help that both of them were made Head Boy and Girl, which meant they would be spending a lot more time together. She would be stuck in the presence of the nagging git far more than usual. But she couldn't be more thankful about how they were in two different Houses. She could honestly thank Merlin himself for that one.

Ellington Rosier found herself sitting in a train compartment on the Hogwarts Express, accompanied by Edith Clearwater and Eleanor Burke, fellow Ravenclaws. Edith and Eleanor were engaged in a conversation about Quidditch. Still, Ellington was too busy plotting her revenge ( that she would not go through with, but she liked imagining it. ) to even listen to the girls conversing next to her. But the sound familiar sound of Potter and his goons laughing in the hallway made her perk up right away.

Jaw clenched, she prepared herself for the snarky words that were going to be thrown at her, knowing Potter was going to tease her about her loss once again—even though she had beaten him every other year. And unlike him, she didn't send him five million letters to piss him off. Her silence and sly smirks did it just enough.