A new Pharaoh

Normal POV~

It took the Pharaoh by surprise when his son savagely charged at him, causing them to tumble to the floor. He let out a startled gasp and looked up at Atem, finding himself staring into blackened eyes.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Atem?! Get off of me!" The Pharaoh exclaimed.

"No," Atem answered coldly before placing his hand on Aknamkanon's head.

"Let go of him!" The knights abandoned Yami and ran to their prince and Pharaoh, determined to protect the Pharaoh. Atem snapped his head up and fiercely glared at them, his colorless and void-less eyes enough to make them slow down with fear. The prince yelled in a dead language, blasting the men harshly into trees.

"I am your father and Pharaoh, Atem! I want you to stop this. That's an order!" The Pharaoh hated to admit that out of everything he has faced, the thing that frightened him most was his own son. He wondered what had gotten into him, why would he turn against him? Atem looked into his eyes and murmured something, completely ignoring his protests. All of a sudden, the King screamed in agony and grabbed his head. His head felt like exploding, and it pounded heavily. It was almost like little demons mocked and mentally tortured him. Atem lifted his hand ever so slightly and twisted and clenched his fists, making the man under him scream louder.

Yami cried out Atem's name through the gag and tried to get off the horse, finding it difficult since his hands were chained to the horse. As much as he wanted the older man to suffer, he couldn't allow Atem to kill him. It will haunt him for the rest of his years, and it will affect his mental state. The Pharaoh was the worst person alive, but the man was still his father.

"Yami?" Atem's dark eyes looked up and searched for the younger male. He found him struggling to get off a horse, his wide eyes frantic and frightened.

'He's afraid?' The prince tilted his head curiously, his rage faltering with confusion. Aknamkanon's screams that decreased into gasping breaths brought him back to the task at hand.

"Son... please..." Atem was taken by surprise at his father's pleading. The Pharaoh was actually begging for mercy, but he wouldn't give such a thing to him.

"What about all those innocent people that begged for your mercy? Did you even think about giving them mercy? No, you didn't. You just slaughtered them without a care in the world," He frowned, "For that, you don't deserve to be given mercy."

Yami froze at seeing Atem raise his other hand above Aknamkanon's mouth. The man said something before a blinding light appeared, covering Yami's vision of what was happening. The pale boy shut his eyes and heard another scream of terror that soon turned into nothing.

He slowly opened his eyes and noticed the light had dispersed along with the Pharaoh and knights, making him wonder where they went. The Pharaoh's crown was the only thing resting on the ground with Atem nowhere in sight.

"Atem?" He confusedly whispered.

"I'm over here, Yami." Yami turned his head to face Atem. One of the older male's eyes was still a black void, but the other one was his beautiful rose-red eye. Atem gently took off the gag so he could speak more fluently to him.

"You're back." Yami smiled a bit, Atem returned the smile.

"I regained my sense of control, yes, but I can still feel a small ting of... bloodlust." Atem frowned at the word choice, then shrugged.

"You'll be fine, right?"

"Of course, you don't need to worry," Yami observed the older male grab a key from the floor, so he could unchain him from the horse.