Between Seasons, Episode 3, Part 1: The Mission

TW/W: Brief adult themes (club/stripping). Nonconsensual touching. This chapter isn't particularly important to the overall plot, so if these might be triggering, do not feel like you have to read this!!

(Also, the club scene music inspo is Obnimi - Remix by Eduardo Luzquinos, Okean Elzi)

Little did Lys realize, but there were plenty of people who didn't want to be around a Mandalorian. Often, he was thought to be a bounty hunter, despite having taken a break from that life for a few months, and they would be shot at or thrown out of places despite Din's protests.

She began asking Din to go into the markets completely alone. Not only would it give her some much-needed freedom, but also would keep them from being shot at just for entering a town. 

At first, Din had been hesitant, but as time went on, he relaxed, growing confident in her own ability to stay alive and be safe. When he had allowed her to go alone, she had been ecstatic that he trusted her enough to go alone. She loved being alone out in the world. It had been the first time in a long time that she had been out and about without someone at her side or someone watching her. As much as she appreciated his company, she desired to have her own freedom and independence, and going to the markets alone was one of them.

What Din never told her, though, was that despite how it violated her independence and their trust in one another, on each trip to the market, he still followed her silently and invisible to the naked eye. He hated that he had to pretend to surprised when she bought things or listen to stories of her interactions, but he didn't know what he would do if something happened to her.

In addition to the trips to the market, Lys had grown confident as time had gone on. Her skills were growing constantly with her dagger, and she practiced whenever she could. Sometimes, late at night, she would slip out of her cabin and train outside the ship long after Din had fallen asleep and the sun had sunk beyond the horizons.

So life continued, with its ups and downs in search of information. Lys was happy that life seemed to be easy. However, it was never without its moments.

Din had found a Mandalorian covert trail but was missing a few key pieces of information. They found themselves on Jakku in a large urban hub for a meeting with a spice running client.

Unfortunately, Din had been instructed by an informant that the meeting spot with the client was inside of a notorious club which he found to be impossible to enter due to his status as a former bounty hunter.

He had just returned from scouting out the club and based on the loud stomp and the hunch of his shoulders, Lys could see that he was frustrated.

"What is it?" She asked him, watching as he dumped his extra pack on the floor and slumped against the bench in defeat. He seemed to roll his head back to breathe and focus for a moment before sitting up and looking down to where Lys was sitting on the floor of the Razor Crest with the child, playing together.

"It's pretty much impossible to get into that club," he shook his head. "We're just going to have to out-wait him."

Lys raised an eyebrow and studied his helmet for a second. She seemed to be thinking, before shaking her head, "No, no," she muttered. "Do they let women into the club?" She asked.

Din seemed to study her for a moment before turning away, not dignifying her question with a response. Lys rolled her eyes and huffed, crossing her arms over her chest and narrowing her eyes as he moved to pick up the child.

"Answer me," she insisted.

"Why would I? You're not going."

"You let me alone out there to go to busy markets! I don't see how this is any different. Besides, it will give me an opportunity to practice my dagger skills!"