My First Homecoming Experience

So, guess I'm going to write this then, haha. Well, anyway, I really love to take pictures in my free time and so, in order to get my parents to agree to me going to Homecoming for the first time, I could only get the photography job. What more could anyone want really, I don't dance so might as well take pictures! 

Anyway, they agreed seeing as I was going to be taking pictures for Yearbook so I had to go. Walking in was almost magical to me. The theme was fairytale or something so everything did just look magical with sparkles and pretty décor and even a cute place to take pictures with friends. Besides that, my friends were already stoked that I would be coming so seeing me wasn't too big of a surprise but I didn't mind.

Taking pictures is really fun for me so seeing everyone dance and have fun wasn't saddening but what I would call, "the perfect picture moment" for sure. The rules for yearbook photos are for them to be candid and so, I did just that. Sadly though, it felt as though nothing was going right. The lighting was of course super dark and so taking photos was extremely rough. Every time I went to take a photo, the camera wouldn't take the photo. The red light would just blink in the person's eye, telling them that I was taking a photo. That wasn't candid at all I tell you! Anyway, I was finally able to figure out the settings to get good pictures and I must say, they were, pretty good. 

So, basically, you might be wondering, so what, what does this have to do with anything, you taking photos? Well, I haven't gotten there now have I? Now, let me continue, the memorable moments from it was just the fact that my friends were all cooperative and loved to photo bomb or pose which wasn't candid but I didn't mind, I still wanted to have fun. There are the moments where they played "Sweet Caroline" or "Bohemian Rhapsody." Or the moments where my friend didn't want to get a picture with their face showing so they were just purposefully avoiding me. Those were the moments that I'll never forget, even if my parents don't let me go to homecoming again because "I don't dance."

I just love how you could watch everyone dancing or chatting and they were just all having fun. The homecoming court which they all looked fabulous and amazingly cute together. The fact that even kids that I don't talk to normally would come up playfully want a picture. It really made me feel like I was a part of the school, which I was because our campus is small but, it was like everyone noticed me and didn't try making it harder for me but more enjoyable.

These were the memories I will never forget and looking at my photos help keep them clear in my memory.

(Author Note: The photo in the top was taken by me and you might say, well that's blurry and I know that but I felt like it looked cool since it almost shows the craziness and that overwhelming feeling you get when at a dance or a party or homecoming.)