A bit of thinking

Aftr having that amazing conversation with Clara, I headed back with Julie to my class. But I couldn't concentrate, I kept on thinking why would she do that, why would she want me to go to a place where she knew didn't have a good return.

The book said" Stop over thinking. Maybe it was destiny for you to meet an amazing book like me."

I involuntarily smiled and thought maybe having a mind book wasn't all bad.

Though I said it , it need not know that . So I said " Firstly there is nothing amazing about you, you have one page and a shabby texture on outside. Secondly, you seem to be hanging around me a lot , what you said sounded exactly like what I would say."

I wanted for it to come with a comeback. But it remained silent, "um hello, hey , come on why are you not speaking".

"Because you hurt my ego ok ? And why should I want to speak with you , you clearly do not want me ! " it said.

" Hey I was just kidding , come one who wouldn't want a stuck up book with them , who fights like a two year old." I said sarcastically with a smile on my face.

Wait. Then only it strikes me , this thing can read minds, then what am I doing except for reading all these people s minds. Then I put up my puppy face and before I could proceed with my very small request . I was greeted with a big "NO" on my face.

Why come on , and i was about to bribe it and say I will buy you ice cream , and then it occurred to me this is am book , what could it bribe itttt with ? More pages , a better cover , but that would again hurt it's ego . This is a subject that needed a lot of thinking .
This book when I though it could get one thing out of it , did not agree.

So what do I do , I need to come to a clear consensus and figure out what i want from this book, do I need it or not.

I mean what can a book do after all , and what is last year in high school without some fun.

I made up my mind and waited till class got over. Went to my locker room and closed the doors. Ya as if people can hear me it retorted.

Ya well the conversation went like this

Anne :
OK so let's get this over with. What are you?

The book:
A book

Anne:
Hey ! You were the one who wanted to tell
me where you are from

The book:
Oryxglavania

Anne:
A what now ?!?

The book:
ORYX-GLA-VANIA

Anne
Nice name, I thought you were the only weird
one but seems like your whole place is one

The book:

I am going to pretend I didn't hear that and go
on , Oryxglavania is a place that was found centuries ago.
and it is known as the preserving land , it is almost like
an. underground club where people gather
around for the welfare for the world
We have magical abilities. We have many quests.

Anne:
Woah that sounds so believable

The book:

What I am saying is true -, you know what . I don't need to make you beleive it, if you want to. get rid of me you need to do three tasks .

_____________
Three tasks ???

sorry for the typos guys, but do you like it and that do you think this story is about ? What is your favourite genre ??