-CHAPTER ONE-

Content warnings: none

Words: 809

          Philza was sitting on a chair in his log cabin reading a book. He glanced out the window and saw snow dusting the trees outside. The house was silent besides the faint sound of potions brewing across the room. The silence was nice, it was peaceful. Philza enjoyed it. Quiet moments like this are few and far between, little did Philza know they would be even rarer in the next few days.

          Techno and Wilbur were in the snowy forest walking around, holding hands. Wilbur was wearing a worn out black beanie with sticks in it and torn brown pants that were one size too big being held up by an old leather belt with a faded yellow sweater on. Techno was wearing a white dress shirt that was too thin for the weather and black pants that had rips from the rough terrain. Both of their boots were soaking wet from all the snow they've walked on in those weeks. Wilbur was holding a stuffed sheep that was covered in dirt and was missing an eye.

          Techno being the good six year old brother that he was, he made sure that Wilbur didn't let go of his hand. Wilber being only four he didn't know what was going on. Techno and Wilbur had lived in the forest for a couple of weeks, surviving off the fish from the nearly frozen river and red berry bushes they came across, not realizing that their parents left them there to stay. Wilbur had complained about not being with mom and dad for those weeks, wanting to be in them and be in their arms. Techno knew this and was trying to walk them back home, he was fairly certain that they lived north but it was hard to tell by the trees blocking the sun.

          "Wilbur I see a house, well it is actually a log cabin!" Techno exclaimed and pulled Wilbur with force towards the cabin. Wilbur tripped into the snow and started to scream in pain. His knee was scrapped and bloody.

          Philza's head snapped up from his book and he looked out the window.

          "What the hell?" Why was there a child screaming? There weren't houses with children for miles. He grabbed his sword and his jacket before walking out into the snow. He looked around specifically for mobs, maybe he had heard a baby zombie? He heard hushed whispers and sniffles coming from behind a bush. There's no way that's a baby zombie. "Who's out there?" Philza called out and the whispers went silent, the sniffling was still there. Philza put his sword in the sheath resting on his back and hesitantly walked over to the bush. "Hello?" he calmly called out, not wanting to scare them. Soon after Philza spoke a pair of brown teary eyes peeked over the bush before getting pushed down. "Ah, so there's two of you" Philza muttered, mainly to himself. He could hear the sniffling from one of the children slowly growing to quiet cries. "Hey it's okay" he said, "I won't hurt you. Can you two come out here?" A brown haired boy with reddish brown eyes carefully moved into the view of Philza, the boy had pointy ears and tusks on his bottom teeth pointing out of his mouth. Philza realized he was a piglin hybrid solely based off of those two features.

          "C'mon Wilbur" The boy gently said to the other. Wilbur peered out of the bushes again, tears streamed down his dirt covered face. Philza looked at both of them, neither of them could have been over 8.

          "You poor kids, do you want to come inside? I have food I can give you" Philza hesitantly asked, Wilbur Immediately nodded. The poor boys looked like they hadn't eaten in days. The older boy was more hesitant but followed Philza and Wilbur into the house.

          After they got inside Philza gave them food and blankets and they sat by the fireplace to warm up. Philza looked at the other boy, "I haven't gotten your name yet" He said gently. The boy muttered a response,

          "It's Technoblade." Technoblade didn't look at Philza, he just kept his eyes on the fire. Philza sighed a bit,

         "Well it's nice to meet both of you. How old are you both?" Philza asked,

          "Why do you want to know old man?" That made Philza laugh. Before he got the chance to speak Wilbur piped up,

          "I'm four and Technoblade is six" Wilbur gave a tired smile, the boy was definitely close to falling asleep. Philza nodded,

          "You two should get some sleep, we'll get you some new clothes in the morning." The two boys nodded and they huddled together next to the fire. Wilbur immediately fell asleep and Technoblade did the same soon after. Philza sighed, this was going to be interesting.