Two

Ashley's POV
I wake up in my bed. I had the weirdest dream last night. I got kidnapped by Kai Parker, and then I somehow got stuck with him in the prison world. We had dinner together and he wasn't as evil as everyone said. I get up out of bed and take a quick shower. After brushing out my soaking wet hair I hear a sound coming from my dorm. I slowly open the door to see what's there. This can't be happening... Kai Parker is sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Oh, hi. Sorry for just barking in here. But you we're running late so I just wanted to check if you haven't killed yourself yet."

"Running late? For what?"

"You said you would like to go outside of Virginia sometime, so we planned on going to New York, today."

It wasn't a dream. I can't just go out with him. He is a psychopath! Gosh, what would my friends think of me when they find out I was going on a trip to New York city with Kai Parker.

"I'm sorry, Kai. But I think I'm not going. I only said that because I had a few drinks yesterday. I didn't mean it."

"That's okay. You will beg me to take you there at some point." He smirks.

"I'm afraid not. Sorry Kai, but you killed people. We can't be friends."

He looks disappointed. I thought he didn't care about anything? Maybe everyone was wrong. Maybe he is capable of kindness and caring. This could be some act of him, but the emotions on his face look too real.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that."

"No that's okay. I'm used to hearing that."

To be honest, I feel bad for him. He only did that because his family treated him like shit. No one deserves that.

"You know what, let's do it. Let's go to New York. Do you have a drivers license?"

"What does it matter? There are no cops here to stop us."

"I just want to arrive there, safely."

"No, but in my time here I taught myself how to drive a car. I even managed to fly a plane by myself." He says with pride.

"Oh, wow. That's impressive. But what if it went wrong, you could've died."

"I did die, multiple times. But I come back everytime. And in the end it was worth it."

Wow. He really surprised me. When I first heard about him I thought that all he cared about was revenge, murder and becoming the coven leader. But in reality there's a kind guy in there, someone who wants to see the world and learn more about it.

"I'm grabbing my stuff. Could you wait downstairs, I want some privacy. I'll be with you in a minute."

He smiles and leaves. I quickly grab my toothbrush, hairbrush, and some other stuff. I open the closet. I should've known, this is the year 1994, my clothes aren't here. I'll go get some new clothes in New York. I put everything in a suitcase, and lock the door of my dorm. I know there's no one here to steal my stuff, but no matter how sweet Kai is to me, he's still Kai. I meet Kai in the hall downstairs.

"Ready for a 6 hour drive?" He asks, grabbing my heavy suitcase.

"Thanks, and yes. I'm so excited to finally go there."

"Why haven't you been there before? Financial trouble?"

"No. The plan was to go there someday with my dad, but he works in Australia, and he can't just leave. His job, his family and friends, it's all in Australia. If he would come here he would have to leave everything behind. And my mom, well, I never had a good relationship with her. She doesn't treat me like her daughter. I guess you know the feeling."