Chapter 14 - The Decision

The Decision:

****

"I can't even begin to imagine what she went through down there," Alaric said as he, Damon, and Stefan stood watching (Y/n) who was staring as she looked blankly at the flames that were roaring in the fireplace. "Has she been to sleep yet?"

"No," Damon stated, sighing. "And I don't blame her." 

 "We'll let you two talk," Stefan said, patting Damon's back as he and Alaric left the room. Damon quietly thanked them before he walked over to the liquor table and poured out two glass of bourbon. 

He sat in front of (Y/n) and offered her a glass of bourbon. She took it willingly and took a sip of her drink. "What's going on, baby?" Damon asked, taking a swig of his own glass. "What's going through your mind?"

"It's nothing." (Y/n) said as Damon took her one of her hands in his and kissed it. (Y/n) was telling a huge lie; everything was wrong. When she had been kidnapped by Katherine after discovering the truth about Damon and Stefan; it made her question everything. She had discovered that there was a cure for Vampirism and imagined what her life would be like if Damon had turned himself human allowing them to be together without the burdens that vampires face.

"You want to know the truth, Damon?" (Y/n) says as he looks at her and runs a hand through her hair. "Despite the lies, the pain, despite everything; I can't lose you," She stated, simply.

"Who says you're going to lose me?" Damon replied, moving a strand of hair out of her eyes and admired their beauty; it was one of the many things that he loved about her. 

"I do." (Y/n) said, as Katherine's voice echoed through her head. "And so did Katherine." A look of anger and annoyance spread across his face.

"(Y/n), baby," Damon said, sitting next to her, allowing her to place her head on his chest. "Katherine is a nasty piece of work. She's just a jealous bitch: she always has been, and she always will be." He explained, kissing the top of (Y/n)'s head. "But she's gone now, you don't have to worry about her anymore." 

"You were right about Katherine but it's you that I'm worried about!" (Y/n) said, and wished that she hadn't said anything else. Damon's face dropped. "What do you mean?" (Y/n) bit down on her lip, trying to figure out how to put what she wanted to say into the right words so that Damon didn't think that she was an idiot. 

"When I found about about the cure, I was actually happy." She admitted. "Look, I'm still trying to understand all of this. I'm still trying to make sense of the fact that vampires exist." She took a deep breath, but not once did she look at Damon; her eyes remained staring firmly at the ground. "When I heard that Katherine wanted the cure, something crazy went through my mind and I started seeing things."

"What? What did you see?" Damon asked, sitting up, intrigued.

 "I saw you." (Y/n) admitted and a smile crept across Damon's face. "That whole time, I thought I was going to die and I saw you. I was scared and I couldn't help but think about about the possibility of you taking the cure and being with me." (Y/n) wiped her eye as a tear fell from it. "Despite everything, I want to be with you Damon but let's face it, we will never be a normal couple and we'll never be able to do what normal couples do. If I stayed with here with you like this and in years to come, we wanted to get married, we couldn't because I would age and you wouldn't. If we wanted ever to have children, we can't because vampires can't procreate."

"But we love certainly to try!" Damon reminded you as he placed his hand on your leg. (Y/n) could see that tears were forming in the corners of his eyes which is why he was using humour.  "Damon..." You began but stopped, wiping away a tear that fell down his cheek. "I have to leave." This broke (Y/n)'s heart as well as Damon's. (Y/n) knew that Damon was the one that she wanted to be with; he was the one she wanted forever. In her entire life, she had never had anything compared to what she had with Damon. Deep down she knew that they were made to be together. 

"I don't want you to leave." He admitted. "I love you. I want to be with you and if the cure hadn't been destroyed, I would have taken it in a heartbeat to be with you." (Y/n) remained silent before an idea popped into her head that had occurred several times but she always shrugged off because she knew that Damon wouldn't approve.

"There is another option." She began and watched as Damon's eyes lit up. He was willing to do anything if it meant that (y/n) would stay with him. "Damon-" He looked at her as she continued.

"Yes, baby." He said. "Anything."

"I want you to turn me." Damon didn't say anything, instead, he just stared at her awe. Silence. "I want you to turn me into a vampire."

Silence. 

***

*A/n* - When you write this as a similar imagine, knowing that you were going to use it in a story later on...