CHAPTER 2: QUICK-SPEED! SAVES THE DAY

Being electrocuted isn't fun, although some of you might already know that. I slowly opened my eyes after a few minutes or possibly hours of being out of it. My eyes twitched a bit as they adjusted to the light in my face. I took a deep breath, to check if there was still life, then attempted to sit up.

"I guess I can't do that just yet huh!?" I thought, as my body fell right back on the bed.

I looked to the side; a television was on the distant wall, the news was on. A journalist stood site of the accident where i was fried to a crisp.

"You're awake..." A deep, cold voice declared.

I tried to turn my head towards it but it was not working at the moment; the sharp pain in my neck made me aware of that. The owner of the voice walked towards a set of computers in front the television, about four of them.

"Quick-Speed?" I said in disbelief. "B-But h-how?"

"You were electrocuted, remember?!" He joked, without smiling, which is pretty weird.

"Yeah, I remember..."

I tried to see what he was doing and if he had his mask off, but there was no luck, the computers blocked his face.

"I'm just checking your vitals...so far, everything us good." He sighed.

"W-Where am I?" I questioned, looking at the white walls and all the tables filled with neatly arranged gadgets and tools.

"My layer." He replied in a sharp tone.

I made another attempt to sit up, and I did. I held my chest as the strings become more uncomfortable.

"You are lucky." He continued. "You could have died from that attack, or even worse, acquire supernatural abilities."

"Really?" I asked curiously. "W-Was this how you got your powers?"

"N-no..." He replied.

"...So...do I have...?"

"No...so far no signs of any interference in your DNA...meaning you aren't a bionic." He interrupted, busy on the computer.

"Bionic?" I went on saying.

He looked up from his computer; his sky blue eyes pierced straight through me. He then replied, "Huh...you don't have any powers..."

I nodded, getting it clear that I was not a bionic. I strolled across the room with my eyes, it was pretty cool being in Quick-Speed's layer. I looked back on Quick-Speed who was know over the television, listening.

"Super speed..." I thought, as I pondered how he reached there so fast.

He turned off the television then said, "I'm gonna take you home now!"

"Yeah, that would be nice."

He grabbed me almost immediately and in the blink of an eye, I was home; in my room. He turned his head as he jumped through the window.

"If you begin to experience anything weird, out of the norm, call me, and...look in your refrigerator." He declared before leaving.
"But I don't have his cell number?"

I looked at the wall beside my bed...15798989763, was written there. I smiled and registered it as Number 2, in my phone. I went down the living room where the refrigerator was. My mom was still glued to the coach, watching another soap opera. Any way, I checked the refrigerator.

"No freaking way!" I blurted out.

A box of ice-cream was neatly placed beside the ham and the slice of cheese. A knot was placed on it.