[4]

The next day was not the best when it came to weather. It started raining before dawn, and only pounded down harder as the day went by. It seemed today was a day spent indoors.

Y/n looked out their window, the only movement besides the rain being Tommy and Tubbo playing in the rain, careless about the weight of war that loomed over their nation.

The interior of their house was pleasantly warm and dry, lanterns giving off a warm light. It was peaceful, looking out the window and enjoying the rhythmic pattern of the rain while being completely dry.

Another figure joined the movement outside as a flash of fiery orange fur ran after a small creature darting through the grass. He eventually caught up to it, picking it up to reveal it was a cat.

The fox ran back to his house, opening the door to let the cat inside. His ears were pressed back against the rain, his fur soaking wet despite him only being outside for a minute. After shutting the door, he spun around to join the two boys in the rain.

The three were laughing and smiling, jumping in puddles to splash each other. It made Y/n smile, their carelessness.

As it neared sunset, the rain was becoming lighter, becoming a drizzle. Wilbur called from indoors, summoning the two to come and dry off for dinner.

Y/n turned around to grab something to keep them dry. They chose what they usually wore on rainy or cold days, pieces of leather sewn together to make a cloak of sorts, dawning a hood.

They threw the cloak over their shoulders, padding over to the door. As they walked outside, pulling the hood up to cover their head, the dinner bell rang.

"We have to prepare for their next attack." Wilbur's voice rang as Y/n quietly closed the door behind them, "We need to know what they're planning and how to counter it."

"They have the advantage, I'm sorry to say," Fundy spoke as he tore a piece of bread, handing half to Eret. "We, however, have our numbers," Tubbo commented. Wilbur nodded.

"I saw George scouting the east wall this morning," Y/n appended in a monotone voice as they stepped into the room where everybody else sat, sitting on a bench. "I chased him off with a warning."

That was a lie. The SMP had already finished scanning the east wall for weaknesses, having moved onto other parts of the borders.

"Then we will keep that wall guarded," Wilbur responded.

After discussing more about war, conversations turned to lighter topics, Fundy poking fun at Tommy over the day's events.

It was nearly ten pm by the time everybody started to go back to their respective houses. Y/n noted Eret's nervousness, even if he tried to hide it.

Two hours until their meeting with Dream.