Welcome in the Mountain City

The next morning dawned bright and clear - not a single cloud left in the blindingly blue sky. Lea and Emilien had fallen asleep so early that they rose with the sun. Sweet dreams bled into reality when she roused to the sensation of Emilien kissing her belly, tracing his fingers along her sides with a languid sort of affection. She moaned softly, deep in her throat, as her back arched up against his touch.

"Good morning," he greeted in a sleepy, lazy voice.

She ran her fingers through his hair, smiling down at him. "Good morning to you. What time is it?"

"Sun is still coming up."

She hummed in acknowledgment of the words, but she wasn't really paying attention because he had returned to licking and nipping along her belly. He didn't move up high or down low enough to tease either of her erogenous zones, but just feeling his lips and tongue and fingers tracing nonsense shapes on her belly was enough to stoke the fires of her desire.

"We should probably get moving," she said softly, still holding onto him as though to keep him right where he was.

He made a soft sound of agreement, but didn't attempt to move.

"We have to charter a ship early," she reminded him regretfully. Though she did appreciate that he was still being affectionate, not trying to push her away any longer.

He sighed, resting his chin on her belly so he could stare up at her. "You are right. I know that. It's just so hard to imagine leaving this bed."

"It is very warm," she agreed sagely before reaching out and stroking his cheek. "But the one we share on the ship tonight will be equally comfortable. I'm not going to deny myself the week I'll have with you on the ride back to Gwenael."

Emilien smiled as he finally pulled himself up her body to kiss her sweetly on the lips. She cupped his face in her hands, surrendering to his touches for a while longer.

After a languid and lazy wakening, Emilien left to go charter the ship – they intended to leave in the afternoon – while Lea went to the market so she could get more of the silphium tea leaves. At least enough for the long flight back to Gwenael. She fully intended on completely enjoying her remaining time with Emilien until reality came back to them.

As she was leaving the shop, a new box in hand, the sound of gossiping caught her ear only because she heard a familiar name.

"...and now Lady Nina has come too."

"We're definitely getting a new mayor any day now."

"Good riddance, I say."

"Sh!"

Seeing that Lea was staring, one of the older ladies that had been gossiping hissed to her friend before grabbing her arm. The two of them looked back at Lea furtively as they continued their whispered gossip while walking away.

Lea wasn't particularly concerned as she had already heard the important part.

Nina was here.

Lea frowned, walking away from the shop, her feet aiming towards the main city docks. Where Nina would have landed if she could. Where Emilien had gone to charter their flight.

She found Nina's ship before she found him. It was hard to miss. It was larger than all the others and the only warship besides. It stood in pride of place in the dockyard, Vasconian flag flying from the main mast. From the entrance to the docks, she could see that the bay doors had been opened and men were loading supplies and fuel.