𝐈𝐕. 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞

The courtyard is eerily silent as Umbridge's baby pink heels click against the brick flooring, carrying her pudgy pink-clad frame across the expanse to where a wildly troubled Trelawney stands, surrounded by multiple cases of luggage.

Akina and the rest of the student body had first caught wind of the dramatic display when Professor Trelawney's wails and pleas could be heard from the grand staircase, and probably all the way down to the dungeons. She and everyone else quickly fled and rushed to the scene, eager to observe the cause of the Divination professor's grief.

"No, no! This cannot be happening, I-it cannot! I refuse to accept it!" Sibyll Trelawney stands writhing and trembling harshly in a mess of shawls and hair.

The hoydenish call of the lousy High Inquisitor comes in soon after. "You didn't realize this was coming?" She scoffs, as if the idea of Trelawney holding her position as a professor is so blatantly outlandish. "Incapable though you are of predicting even tomorrow's weather, you must surely have realized that your pitiful performance during my inspections, and lack of any improvement, would make it inevitable you wouldn't be sacked?" She says matter-of-factly, her fuchsia painted lips curling into a mean sneer.

"You can't!" Trelawney howls, her voice scratchy as if her throat had just been rubbed raw with sandpaper. "You c-can't sack me! Sixteen years I've been here! Hogwarts is my home! Y-you can't do this!" She forces out with shaky breathing and small sniffles. Her large spectacles are clouded and crooked, a river of tears leaking from beneath.

Akina's heart pangs, wanting nothing more than to reach out to her professor and give her some sort of comfort. She could swear that she could hear the cracking of the hearts of everyone in the courtyard. Something about Sibyll Trelawney's pleas were so raw and gut-wrenching, it was hard to not evoke any emotion from it.

"It was your home," Umbridge drawls out almost inattentive, her tone completely devoid of any sorrow or remorse. With this, Trelawney only visibly deflates, her tense shoulders sinking as her entire body quivers. Dolores only smirks at this, practically feeding on the despair of the woman at her knees. "Until an hour ago," she continues, "When the Minister himself countersigned the order of dismissal. Now kindly remove yourself from this courtyard, you're embarrassing us."

Akina feels as bursts of anger course through her veins, her fists clenching in result. This despicable, entitled woman was only a few moments away from being succumbed to the tip of her wand.

No, she thinks to herself. Creating a display like that would only result in nothing but negative consequences.

Trelawney only bursts into tears once more, burying her face into her palms. Her wild, bushy hair acts as a curtain as it frames her face, obstructing it from the patronizing view of the wicked woman in front of her.

Akina scans the crowd of students, searching for anything to draw her eyes away from the painful scene unfolding ahead. Just like her own, though, all of them mirror each other's sorrowful grimace. People of all houses and years are moved by the sight, Hufflepuffs seeking solace in their Gryffindor peers, with Ravenclaws and Slytherins nervously chatting amongst themselves. Her eyes widen, though, when they lock onto a particular student clad in red and gold with tears in her eyes, lips turned down and trembling.

Quickly moving into action, Akina pushes past the mass of bodies near her, rushing with fervency to the opposite end of the yard. This takes longer than she was wishing, as she opted to walk the perimeter of the courtyard as opposed to crossing the bare expanse and drawing even more attention to herself.

As soon as she is within arms-reach of the young Gryffindor, she immediately pulls her into a tight embrace, tucking her head underneath her chin and cradling her shaking figure.