𝐕. 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠

Marietta squealed.

Akina can recall as the brown-haired girl returned back to the dorm, a mess of tears, puffy cheeks, and a concealed hand held in a vice grip by her other palm. She was a whirlwind of fervent apologies and pleas for forgiveness, with a couple incoherent mumblings about her mother. After a couple minutes of de-stressing conducted by a sympathetic Padma, a very clearly disturbed Lisa, and an awkward Akina, she frantically rushed out of the dormitory, rambling on and on about needing the toilet. A good half-hour ensued before Padma announced that she was going to go find her.

About fifteen minutes later and for the second time that night, another teary-eyed girl bustled through the entrance of the dorm room, though this one being more tan with inky black locks, a couple of strands which were plastered to her face, held there by a glossy track of tears tumbling down her cheeks. Marietta was missing.

The absolute anarchy that ensued following the Ravenclaw's airing of Dumbledore's Army was something that no one had anticipated.

Following the big reveal, Umbridge wasted no time in immediately seeking out the Headmaster. From what has been circulating the castle in an elaborate game of telephone, Dumbledore refused to leave the grounds quietly and executed his grand exit in a ball of flames. Akina was wary of that last sentient, questioning even Dumbledore's ability to evade being charred to death in such a stint. This with the now prevalent disturbance of Marietta's disappearance, not a single body in the castle was at ease.

Nevertheless, Dumbledore fled, whether it have been in an assemblage of embers or a cloud of smoke, he was gone. To the High Inquisitor's sheer delight, she finally had an opening.

══════════

Even the stern voice of Minerva McGonagall could not silence the restless group of teenagers chatting relentlessly with each other. Approximately twenty minutes into the lesson, the older professor had finally given in, instructing the students to simply have the rest of the class period to themselves in order to work on their upcoming essay. She herself merely lounged back in her desk chair, placed her spectacles on the desk, and massaged her temples with trembling fingers and knitted brows.

Not a soul in that room was thinking of essays.

"I bet he's fled the country! Probably bumping elbows with the Soviets by now!"

"Don't be ridiculous, there's no way he would just leave. I think he's still in Scotland. Probably has a couple friends here and there that owe him a favor or two,"

"Oh, please! Even an idiot knows that you have to get as far away as possible--"

"Exactly! So if everyone thinks that he's gone and booked it to Timbuktu, wouldn't it be the smartest option to stay hidden in plain sight?"

"No, you tosser! Where would he even hide? Everyone and their mum knows what Dumbledore looks like, from the tip of his hat to the crack of his arse--"

"Attention, attention! Everyone, listen closely."

The familiar shrill bellow of their infamous High Inquisitor rang through the four walls, immediately halting any conversation. Akina could practically see the sneer of her thin, bubblegum-painted lips as she raised her wand to them.

"By order of Educational Decree Number 28 and the recently departed Headmaster--"

"Bloody hell mate, she's talking like he's dead!"

"Quiet, Corner!"

"--I, Dolores Jane Umbridge, High Inquisitor of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, hereby appoint myself as Headmistress for the foreseeable future. You may observe Educational Decree Number 28 this evening, when it will be hung along the entrance of the Great Hall. Now, as my first order of business--"