Prologue: The Peculiarities on Logic Lane

┌────────・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.────────┐

The prologue of "Ad Astra Per Aspera" - The Peculiarities on Logic Lane - can 100% be skipped. It contains no dialogue, and very little about the characters you came to read about. If you prefer to dive right into the dialogue, characters, drama, angst, slow-burn relationship and fan-fiction style plot lines, absolutely skip this 'chapter'. Chapter two, and even chapter three, work perfectly well as the beginning to the fan-fiction you came here to read.

Happy reading! :)

└───────── 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.─────────┘

All of the houses on Logic Lane were beautiful. 

So beautiful, that if someone were to pick up a copy of Walking London from a newspaper stand on their way to Kings Cross Station, Logic Lane would be one of the first recommended for those who appreciated historical architecture.

The entire street, a part of a London neighbourhood that wove around Regent's Park, was lined with Victorian style homes. Many of them had been built hundreds of years ago by rich family men, and the exterior aesthetics of first generation stone and brick proved it. 

The homes had tall front gates and perfectly trimmed shrubs. There were looming trees to provide privacy, but each house stretched several floors high into the sky, which proved it impossible for them to stay hidden. The residents of Logic Lane didn't mind: they prided themselves in the homes they lived in and the gardens they kept, and wanted people to marvel at the fine architecture and topiaries in the front gardens as they passed by. Every house gave off the impression that exceptional people lived inside, but one stood out amongst the others. 

Behind a beautifully crafted golden entrance gate and at the end of a large walkway, it stood more like a castle. A simple glance was enough to know the interior was just as nice.

There were large windows, turrets that rose from the roof, and a chimney that always puffed out light grey smoke. There were round rooms and exterior walkways. Heavy green ivy grew tastefully over the intricate stone work no matter what the season was. Several fountains in the shapes of gods and goddesses trickled with sparkling water. The garden was always well kept, blossoming with what people swore were new flowers every time they walked by. 

This house gave off an immense feeling of royalty, old money, and something that people could only describe as magic. It was a marvellous sight in the day and the nighttime, and the neighbourhood knew that some exceptionally exceptional residents had to live there.

They had no idea how exceptional the owners of the beautiful house really were.

All of Christopher and Ophelia (Y/L/N)'s neighbours had normal office jobs. They answered phones and faxed papers and then returned home to complain about the mundane 9-5 days that paid for their newest kitchen renovations. However, they had the luxury of several extra hours of sleep. The married couple in the beautiful house was always awake before the sun. 

On the rare occasions when the neighbours got together for drinks, they would joke about how Chris and Ophelia's cars were always gone when they woke up and never returned until after they had gone to bed. They wondered what kind of office jobs the (Y/L/N)'s worked. Instead of correcting them, the couple would laugh. 

To correct their neighbours would mean explaining they didn't have cars. Despite working with Arthur Weasley, who was always ready to explain the workings of muggle anything, they had a Floo Network in their parlour and knew how to Apparate, and simply didn't see the point in sitting a muggle driving exam. They also didn't work muggle office jobs, but that was a whole other conversation.