Babies Dont Play With Sharp Things

It had been a few days since Lucifer had slipped into his youngest mental state but Sam could tell he was starting to come out of it. Slowly.

Sam had gotten out of the shower and gets dressed before checking on his baby angel. Lucifer was still quiet young but he could move around and do more on his own. 

Gabriel was the first to realize that Lucifer's preferred headspace was between a year and two years old, even though his speech was more advanced. Sometimes. 

Sam smiles as he enters his little angels nursery and makes his way over to the crib. Looking down into the crib, Sam sees Lucifer, still fast asleep, with his favorite plushy clutched tight to his chest, and the pacifier that Chuck gave him bobbing lazily back and forth in his mouth.

Lowering the bars of the crib, Sam gently lifts Lucifer into his arms and over to the changing table. Sam let him sleep through his diaper change. He decided, since it was a warm day, to let Lucifer stay in just a diaper and a T-shirt, it made diaper checks much easier too. 

Once Sam was done, he picks Lucifer up again and gently bounces him, "Luca, time to wake up buddy."

Lucifer scrunches up his nose and whimpers, burying his face into Sam's shoulder. 

"Come on sweetheart. Daddy let you sleep a bit longer, but now it's time to wake up." softly coos softly as he carries the Archangel to the kitchen. 

Gabriel looks over from his spot at the table, "still tired?" He asks Sam. 

"Very. I let him sleep through his diaper change and now he doesn't want to wake up." Sam chuckles. 

"Well lemme take him while you grab something to eat." Gabe says as he scoots his chair back. 

Sam hands a sleepy Lucifer to Gabriel, "thanks," He moves to get himself and his little angel a plate of food. 

Gabriel looks over, "are you sure about that much food Sam?" 

"It's just one plate Gabe, besides its for both of us. And he's been doing so good so far, he can have some of my pancakes if he wants." He grabs a cup of coffee and sets both his cup and the plate at the table, going back for a bottle for Lucifer. 

_____

The rest of the morning was fairly uneventful.  Sam had gone with Dean on a hunt, while he didn't want to, Gabriel insisted that he and Castiel could take care of their brother. 

Gabriel, Cas and Lucifer were all snuggled up in the movie room watching Blues Clues, Lucifer's favorite show, one of them anyway, "we need an actual home. The bunker is too dangerous. And we definitely can't baby angel proof anything." 

Cas sighs, "Sam and Dean won't like that."

Gabriel frowns, "frankly Cassy, I don't care if they won't like it. Besides, this place won't be out of reach, I can link both places to each other so it's just a doorway away."

"That might work. What about people seeing us?" Cas asks. 

"I know of a few communities that are full of people, and angels, who do what we do." Gabe says with a smile. 

Cas went to go say something but Lucifer tugs on his sleeve, "what's wrong?"

Lucifer points to the door, "go p'ay?"

Cas turns to Gabriel waiting for an answer. 

Gabriel smiles, "I guess you can play for a little bit before lunch." He gets up, lifting Lucifer into his arms, "can you be a good boy if we let you play by yourself?"