• 31 •

My hands trembled as the envelope fell out of my hands and fluttered to the floor, graciously scraping across the floor.

"What's wrong?" Kaname questioned, coming closer to me and picking up the letter.

"It's him." I muttered.

"Who?" He frowned in confusion.

"My father." I whispered. I knew this day would come, I just didn't think it'd be so soon, so sudden. Maybe I was just hoping that he had forgotten all about me and wouldn't hear anything of my return to the vampire world, but like always, gossip always travels one way or another.

Kaname took in a short, quiet breath and stared at the letter, looking like he wanted to incinerate it, erase it from this earth.

"Whatever it says, he cannot separate us again. I won't allow it." He says, his grasp on the envelope was evidently getting more stronger.

I placed my hand gently onto the one he was holding the letter with, I smiled up at him and sighed deeply.

"I know that." I whispered, resting my head on his arm and taking the letter from him.

I broke the red seal gently and unfolded it, my hands trembling slightly. My eyes looked over the incredibly neat handwriting before focusing on the actual letter. Kaname was reading it over my shoulder, he was slowly getting more frustrated with each and every line.

My dearest daughter,
I've learnt that you've finally returned to our world, though it greatly upsets me that you haven't paid me a visit after all these years. I hear that you and Kaname Kuran are still involved with eachother. You may detest me for what I did in the past but I did it to give you your best chance, you haven't the faintest idea what that Kuran is capable of. I was trying to keep you safe. If it doesn't trouble for either of you, I'd like for you to visit me at the country estate, perhaps in a weeks time. I cannot wait until we meet again.
Father

Well, that's better than what I thought he would say, at least it wasn't along the lines of 'I'm going to kill you' or something like that.

Kaname was shaking, not from fear but from anger, his erratic eyes were a deep blood red. He violently pulled away from me and stormed to an oak table. He swiped away books and papers that were on it, the lamp smashed against the floor. Kaname then gripped the edges and stayed still, his knuckles turning white.

"Kan-"

"We're not going." He interrupted, his voice guttural and low.

"He's my father." I argued, walking towards him and watching as his muscles in his back flexed.

"Do you forgive what he did to us? How he sent you away without a care. Made me forget you. Do you really want to see the man who took away all of that? Who took you away from me." He questioned, turning to face me with that crazed look in his eyes.

"Calm down, you possessive bat. Hear me out, please." I said, rolling my eyes. Kaname pulled a face at my nickname for him, but the look in his eyes had calmed down at least.

"Possessive bat?" He repeated. Well, I never knew something like that could get him to get his head in the game. I'll have to use it more often.

"Shhh, you can't deny it," Kaname looked offended, "but that's not the point. Now listen to me." I said, sitting on the table, patting the spot beside me so he could sit next to me.

He nodded and sat beside me, waiting for what I was about to say.

"I say that we should go visit my father. I know you may not like it but I doubt he would try anything now. We're more powerful than him, we have the means to overcome him now. And we can bring others with us, we needn't be alone." I explained, tugging his hand into mine and interlacing our fingers.

Kaname sighed but squeezed my hand, he pulled a hand through his black locks of hair before sighing deeply.

"I suppose we could leave the academy for a few days to pay him a visit, but if there is anything suspicious happening, we leave immediately." He said, I nodded solemnly and smiled up at him.

His eyes softened and gently tilted my chin up to place his lips upon mine, our lips molded perfectly together and I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled my hands through his hair. His hands pulled at my waist, placing me on his lap, my legs straddling him. Our lips never stopped, his kisses getting more and more demanding and desperate.

A small groan came from his throat and suddenly he picked me up and sat me down on the table, wrapping my legs across his waist.  I gasped and Kaname kissed me harder, his tongue exploring my mouth. I moaned quietly and ran my hands up and down his sides. Kaname was lowering me down on the table when the door was opened.

"Can we ever get a break..." Kaname muttered, glaring at whoever was stood by the door. I couldn't see anyone because the possessive bat called Kaname was covering me from view.

"You'll never get a break from me, lovebirds." Said a voice, full of teasing.

Hanabusa.

"Now why doesn't that surprise me." I giggled, smiling at Hanabusa over Kanames's shoulder.

"You know me." Hanabusa winked at me, causing a growl from Kaname. Hanabusa immediately looked scared, I lightly tapped Kaname on the shoulder, jumping down from the table.

"Now is there any reason why you interrupted a steamy, passionate and -"

"I don't need details!" Hanabusa yelled, covering his ears with a light blush dusted on his cheeks. I chuckled and laid my head against Kaname's arm.

"What do you need?" Kaname asked, not really joining in on the teasing.

Hanabusa immediately changed his tune and became semi-serious.

"I wanted to remind you that the ball is tonight. Many want to know if you'll both be attending?" He asked.

Kaname nodded "We'll be there. Tell Akatsuki, Ruka, Takuma, Rima and Seiren that we need to speak with all of you after this ball. It's important, so don't miss it." He ordered.

Hanabusa nodded and guessed he was dismissed, I waved and smiled at him as he left.

Kaname was staring at me until he spoke.

"Can we continue what we were doing before he came in?" He begged, holding my waist and brining me closer to him.

"Nope." I said with a smirk, I removed his hands from me as I watched his face fall. Winking at him, I turned around and began walking towards the door.

I opened it and turned to look at his face, his eyes full of wonderment and awe.

"I'll see you at the ball." I smiled wickedly and closed the door.