Chapter 6; The Duty to Protect Those Dear to You.

"HAH!"

The slashing noise of blades penetrating the solid skin on the Titans sounded loudly in (Y/n)'s ears.

She landed harshly on her left knee as she sliced through a 8M titan, her hands throbbing from the impact.

No matter how strong or how stubborn you were, there was no denying what the ODM could do to your body. After all, there was only so much damage a human organism could take.

"Cadet (L/n)! We need you over here!" Another soldier shouted, pointing at a hoard of titans approaching.

They were outside the walls now, they're mission to simply eliminate as many titans as possible to ease the trouble on future missions to come. However, the land was not quite suitable for ODM gear, making it much harder to slay titans and achieve a safe and comfortable landing back onto the ground.

(Y/n) readied her blades, ignoring the sweat that poured from her palms.

It had been a few days since her illness had passed, but she could still feel the remains of it wear her down.

"Go!" She shouted to her allies, signaling them to advance toward the titans.

Together, they shot forward after the titans, slicing off their fingers, damaging their eyes, and cutting off their napes. Blood poured from every direction, wires hooking into titan flesh in order to destroy them.

But as soon as the titans they killed fell to their faces, the earth rumbled as another abnormal appeared.

"Damnit!" (Y/n) snapped, flinging off her damaged blades and replacing them quickly and efficiently. Her feet stepped one in front of the other as she approached the large figure, glaring at it with anger. Abnormals are worse then normal titans, and (Y/n) understood this well. "I won't let you hurt anyone, not today."

And with that, she was dragging her feet in the dirt and grass, ripping it to shreds as she flung toward the titan with her ODM gear. She sliced it's ankles open, causing it to crash to the ground, creating a large dust cloud that engulfed her and the beast. Her arms flew downward with force onto its nape, blood spewing out onto her lip.

She breathed out, wiping the red splatter with her sleeve.

The other Scouts praised her kill, moving onward moments later.

(Y/n) also headed off toward the forest, her wire hooking into the bark as she flew up and onto a branch. She examined the rigged terrain, noticing that steam seeped out through the trees ahead.

"Hmm?" (Y/n) flew through the forest, spotting titan bodies scattered all around, hunched against trees and with limbs severed from their torso.

"Wow," She whispered to herself.

However, before she could make another move, she immediately recognized Captain Levi's face come into view from around a tree to the right of her.

"W-watch out!" She screeched, tumbling into him and onto a painfully dense tree branch after spinning in multiple circles. Her head collided into his shoulder, sending a hurtful shock throughout her body.

She lay there speechless and trying to process what'd just happened, holding her head with her right hand. "Ouch..."

She turned her head to look straight above her, her eyes widening. Captain Levi was looking at his hand, that was oozing a scarce amount of blood, and his body pinning her down.

"Levi!" She gasped, swallowing her own pain as she eyed his injury. His sharp eyes turned to hers. "Are you okay?" He asked in a low voice.

(Y/n) blinked.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine!" She told him, but then her eyes gestured toward his hand. "But you're..."

Levi stood up, removing the pressure from (Y/n)'s body. "It's nothing."

He reached for her arm with his non-wounded hand, helping her up. "How'd it happen...? Did I do that?" She held her guilt in, waiting for the answer. Levi looked at her from over his shoulder.

"When you ran into me, my own blade ran down the side of my hand," He explained. "I didn't have time to put it away."

(Y/n) took off her Scout cape, ripping a shred of it off.

"Oi!" Captain Levi turned his whole body toward her. "What're you-"

"Helping you," she interrupted, tying the torn fabric around his hand. "And once we head back, you need to clean that up."

She looked into his eyes with seriousness. "It'd be humanities greatest loss if you were done in by an infection."

Levi returned her gaze, his hand still resting in hers. "Tch."

Letting go, (Y/n) unsheathed her blades and pointed them toward the surface of the huge trees. "I'll finish clearing this forest, you take it easy."

Captain Levi scowled. "You're in no place to give orders," he retorted, his cape folding and unfolding in a breeze that passed by.

"And you're in no place to fight," she argued, placing her index finger on his chest, trying to seem more threatening in order to convince him to head back to his squadron.

"Do you honestly think something this minor could slow me down?" He questioned, still glaring. His eyes followed her every move as she backed up, ready to leap of the tree with her ODM gear.

"No, but it's certainly got to hurt like hell," she spat back. His expression softened, but he still stood firmly.

Before he could reply, (Y/n) was tumbling through the trees, swiftly moving around and out of the way of branches.

When she spotted a titan, she lashed down towards it, her teeth clenched tightly as she drove her blades into its neck.

She could handle the titans just as well as Levi, maybe not as easy, but she'd manage.

He had better be heading back, rather then fighting the titans.