Chapter 38

Auriah

Aunt Helena swiped at the tears running down her cheek as she restored her Occlumency guard.

I was dumbstruck, unable to absorb all that I had seen.

"I brought her into his world, it's all my fault."

"You're lying." Lia jumped into the kitchen, she must have been listening in the hall. "You are lying, he didn't kill her. The Potters did."

"Lia, I swear that's the truth." My aunt said through tears. "I wouldn't lie to you girls."

"You altered your memory. He would never kill her, he loved her." My sister insisted. She sounded like she was trying to convince herself, not us.

We all knew what our father was capable of.

"Oh, Helena's back. Joy." Yaxley shuffled into the kitchen wearing a ratty robe.

"Give me your arm." Lia demanded.

"What?" Yaxley murmured, still groggy from just walking up.

Lia grabbed his arm and touched his dark mark with her wand.

She was calling my father.

"What are you doing?" Yaxley growled, pulling his arm away.

The air grew cold and filled with dark smoke. When the smoke cleared my father was standing in the middle of the kitchen.

I fought the urge to throw everything in the room at him.

"Father." Lia's hands were clenched tightly at her sides. She gripped her wand so hard I thought it would snap.

"Why did you call me here? I have things to do." He said with annoyance.

"Did James and Lily Potter really kill Mother?" She asked quietly. "Or did you?"

"Helena, you can't keep your mouth shut can you." Yaxley growled at my aunt.

"Please don't hurt her." I took a step in front of my aunt, knowing her honestly would have consequences. "We just want to know the truth."

"Of course I killed her, she left me and she took you two away from me." He replied, eyes still trained on Aunt Helena.

Aurelia stood frozen, unsure how to react.

"I needed you girls." My father went over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I understand. It was necessary." My sister replied. Her eyes were glassy, and her skin was flush.

She didn't look like herself.

My father looked at me expectantly, and I nodded my head in agreement.

There was no way we could tell the Dark Lord we didn't forgive him for murdering our mother even though my entire soul burned with rage.

"Lovely, that's 10 minutes of my time wasted. Watch your tongue, Helena." He said before apparating away.

"Did your aunt tell you we used to fuck?" Yaxley asked grinning.

Aurelia ignored him and walked straight out of the kitchen without a word. I shot him a dirty look and followed her out.

"Do you see why we have to fight against him now?" I asked in a hushed tone as I caught up to my sister.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" My sister whipped around.

"He's heartless, pure evil Lia." I replied.

"You heard him, she was taking us away from him." She shouted.