PAGE 22

Ava wakes up when Kai is crying and she can't figure out why. "Geez, does he have to start crying so early my dream was getting interesting."

Ava shrugs her shoulders quieting him down and grabbing the teething toy he dropped. "You know if you could start talking it would make communication much easier."

Ava grabs a cloth and tries to soothe his gums as best she can they don't eat as much and they cry all day it's tiring. Keiko wakes up with a random smile on his face and she puts Kaito down doing the same with his brother.

She comes back with some formula and feeds them both at the same time barricading them in a pillow wall making them sit up. "I'm not doing anything wrong here am I?" Ava asks Overhaul and he shakes his head.

"Just put them back down after you feed them if you're worried."

Kai accidentally flicks his brother with his wings and Keiko grabs them trying to put it in his mouth. Kai's wings shudder and he falls to the side losing his balance. "Don't be lazy, you can get up just use your wings."

Keiko falls back landing on Ava's giant teddy bear and she sits them up letting them eat as much as they can before a bath and burping. She leaves them to play on their own while she takes a bath this is usually the time where they cry for no reason so she let's them cry until they are satisfied and comes out once they are quiet.

"Change time." Ava has started some made up games to get them interested in talking and simple games to get some smirks and smiles out of them.

"Is Hawks an idiot or what? I still don't get how he thinks his agency is the last place the enemy would look."

"It's got secret rooms and as long as the boys get what they want they are quiet so to some extent this is the best hiding spot."

~

Kendo sits across from Dabi watching him text back and forth for back up they were told Shiketsu was their back up, but it's pretty sloppy back up if they aren't here yet.

"Hey, what happened to the Shiketsu team?"

"They got cornered before they could leave we're not sure if any of them are not zombies any more, rather safe than sorry."

"The next passage leads directly to the outside, someone needs to go get us help either wise we'll need the girl to rewind the ones who come in here, but only if we play our cards right."

"You want us to lour them out? I think we can do that right Kaminari?"

"Yeah, the more of them on pur side the better."

Jirou joins the others leaving Eri and Kendo with Dabi, "Somehow I doubt the plan will work, oh wait there was no plan they'll just wing it instead."

"That's why I'm tagging along I've spent enough time reading Midoriya's notes I'm sure I'll think of a strategy out there."

"Get back here, I'm in charge and you annoying brats aren't leaving until I hear your plan." Dabi gives them a dadzawa glare and Jirou glares back.

"We don't have time for that." Dabi takes a step forward lookin her in the eyes, "None of you leave until you've got a full proof plan, now sit down and talk it over or shut up and leave it to luck you're not leaving."

"We don't have to take orders from a villain like you." Kaminari says standing in front of Jirou. Dabi just side glances and ignores them he's still standing in front of the exit so when their done with their tantrum they'll talk a strategy over.

Kirishima scratches the back of his neck. "I have an idea, but we need Sero or Midoriya or Uraraka."

Jirou cocks a brow listening to Kirishima's plan and she shakes her head. "Your idea is only good in theory first of all it has too ma y assumptions and not enough facts hence why I say we should be out there to come up with a plan." Jirou narrows her eyes at Dabi and he's still quiet not looking like he'll move from the door.

"You kids done?" Dabi asks and they shake their heads continuing to think of more strategies but they all get rejected no matter how good.

"What the hell dude?" Kaminari glares at Dabi who asks them the same question again. "You done?"

Kirishima sighs in defeat and they all nod, "What's your grand plan then?"

Dabi leaves and gets Bakugou and Todoroki who are anxious from all the waiting. "You two go out there knock out every zombie you find, every 6 minutes we'll come out with the girl to back you up and she'll rewind the ones you knocked out and we'll keep them in here until they wake up."

Bakugou is so sick of waiting he doesn't wait to hear anything else instead he goes straight to the outside and gets a few people with a surprise attack and Todoroki does the same.

When the first 5 minutes are up everyone leaves except for Kendo and Dabi. He walks towards her and lightly strokes her cheek. "You okay?"

"Yes, are you? Things got pretty heated between you and those kids."

"I needed time to think of a plan that would work. Do you need anything? You can get some sleep in babe you know I won't let anything happen to you." She looks him in the eyes and gives him a tight hug, "This is so different from the Dabi who was with the league of villains."

Dabi chuckles, "I still am."

"Still, it makes me happy to see you working with heroes rather than against, you're so good at it."

Dabi narrows his eyes and she shrieks, "Did I say something wrong?" Dabi doesn't say anything and walks away to get the students leaving Bakugou and Todoroki after Eri rewinds them.

"Four? You can do a lot better than that you idiots."

Kaminari rolls up his sleeves and Kirishima holds him back. "Chill dude he has a point we should save more people and give Eri more breathing ground let's not turn on each other now we still need to be sure they're okay."

"At least one of you gets it." Kendo looks at Dabi curious what's going through his head right now considering she noticed she said something that pissed him off.

They go out again and the 4 they brought in wake up, "Good, she did it." Dabi walks up to them and smirks. "You're going to do everything I say or I hand you over to the Pro's got it?"

The 4 people nod and Dabi sighs they are just ordinary civilians anyone else would've had a different reaction. "Stay in here and stay quiet. You'll be returned to your families soon enough."

Word spreads throughout the building that Eri was spotted outside so Ochaco and Hagakure ask Kurogiri to warp them to the location where Eri is supposed to be.

They find the room is full of Civilians who were rewound back and Eri is resting because Dabi said they have to wait for a while. They got a few pro's to back up Bakugou and Todoroki so in the meantime the Pro's will handle bringing the people in.

"What's going on here?"

"We need Kurogiri to transport these people to the police station because this room is getting crowded." Kurogiri happily obliges and the rest of the UA students get filled in on the plan.

"We're moving, this room is no longer safe, call for back up and wait for the ones who will storm in through here."

Dabi takes Eri's hand and turns to Kendo. "You coming or get warped?" She walks behind him and they sit in a much larger room right next to the main road. Kendo heals Eri letting her sleep for a moment before turning to Dabi.

"I said something earlier and it pissed you off."

"It's not what you said it's what you meant, you want me to completely drop the league of villains." Kendo thinks about it got a second and her gaze meets his, "Well yeah, you finally have an opening to live a normal life."

Dabi scoffs, "There you go again trying to change me." Kendo crosses her arms and looks him in the eyes, "If you want to be with me you have too."

"I don't have to do shit. Why can't you get that? I love being me and what should matter is us and our happiness or what? You meet a new guy and suddenly a man with a 9 to 5 is appealing."

"Maybe, at least I don't have to look  over my shoulders every ten seconds."

"There, I think you've said enough and I've heard enough."

Dabi leaves the room and locks the door. A masked female attacks him and he burns her body. "I've been itching to burn something all day."