PAGE 6

Rei P.O.V

20 weeks and I feel like quitting already. My final year begins in 2 weeks by than I'll be exactly 5 months pregnant.

I look at my stomach I'm glad I had the foresight to take those hoodies. I wear baggy sweatpants and Hawks's hoodie.

I hit the mall and stop by the movies first. I see my sister in the mall, she has fans swarming her. I'm casually enjoying my milkshake.

She notices me and I choke on the drink. I turn around and try to run but  she calls my name. People don't know she has an identical twin so now I have people swarming me.

Hawks swoops in and uses his wings to shield me, "thank you" I was getting anxious any one of them could stab me and run and I wouldn't know who it was or what to do.

"What are you doing here?" I cock a brow at me sister, "what do people come to the mall for? I came to do shopping" hawks won't let go, his grip tightened suddenly and he's starring off into space.

"Let's go, shopping will have to be for next week or I'll do it for you. Evacuate the place he's here"

"Right"

Everyone is told to leave the mall but I'm still here, he won't let go. Other Pros come in and his grip loosens, "please protect them" he looks at me and I nod following rock lock out of the place.

Outside, people are leaving. I see my mom and ignore her pretending I don't see her. A villain jumps out the window from the top floor coming towards me. "Found the girl"

My heart stops, another villain comes from inside the mall. Fat Gum picks me up he gives me an odd look but doesn't say much as he runs with me in his hands.

Is that the league? "He took Jin away from us, so we'll also take what's precious to him" I don't think it's safe using my quirk pregnant but what option do I have.

I take my phone and throw it at them when it's in range I make it explode. "That was a big explosions for such a small detonation device, I thought Mesmerize was joking when she said you have more fire power"

"Not at all, I just take my time allowing the explosive residue soak in While she rushes and leaves it to chance, what are they talking about?"

"The raid last year, we lost a lot of people on both sides they are just using Hawks as an excuse to cause chaos, involving you was not part of the plan, he lost his mind when he couldn't find you at your place"

"I just needed groceries, death is not on my list of things I want to do today"

I stand in front of endeavour, blue flames just hit us out of nowhere. I glare at the guy, I can take the heat but I can't say the same about my wardrobe. "Fire proof? Maybe you need to take a chill pill"

Ice comes from out of nowhere I throw the rock I picked up at the barrage coming towards me and make it explode. The ice shatters.

Hawks swoops in from out of nowhere and picks me up.

More Pros join the fight, there's a specific group targeting Hawks directly and now their after us.

My quirk is explosive combustion. I can turn anything I touch into an explosive and make anything in my line of vision combust. "Be careful Rei, don't push yourself"

"You said I should protect them that's what I'm doing"

My sister saves the day with her destructive tendencies. Hawks lands and I look behind us. "We're surrounded, I don't know how we're getting out of this mess, I just want to take you to safety"