Part 3 The Last Dance .

In The Last Dance, Klaus/Alaric compels her to tell him everything she knows, even coaxing out of her information she isn't sure about

In The Last Dance, Klaus/Alaric compels her to tell him everything she knows, even coaxing out of her information she isn't sure about. He denies her request that he just kill her; he considers death to be a "kindness" after searching for her for over 500 years, and promises to draw out his punishment for at least half as long. After their conversation, Klaus/Alaric hands her a pocket knife and compels her to stab herself repeatedly until he returns. In Klaus, Katherine asks Klaus/Alaric why he would undo the curse in Mystic Falls knowing that a lot people will try to stop him.

Katherine dancing!

Katherine dancing!

Klaus/Alaric reveals to her that he must perform the ritual at the doppelgängers birthplace. Katherine remarks that she didn't know that was a requirement, to which Klaus/Alaric responds with the cruel reminder that, though she had fled before she could learn these details, Klaus did just fine finding her birthplace - and slaughtering her family. As Klaus/Alaric is leaving, he tells her she can't leave until he tells her to. Later, Damon and Andie Star go to Alaric's apartment to discover Katherine is alive. Damon tells Katherine he has vervain, which won't undo Klaus/Alaric's compulsion but will prevent further compulsion. Before he gives it to her, he demands to know why she double-crossed them with Isobel. She replies that she didn't think the others could stand a chance against Klaus and she was looking out for herself. Damon gives her the vervain and tells her she owes him - and he will collect. Later that night Katherine is drinking and dancing around the apartment until she hears Klaus/Alaric returning. He tells her Alaric's body is no longer useful. Irritated when Katherine tries to ply him with alcohol, Klaus/Alaric snatches the bottle away from her, throws it against the wall and compels her to sit down and shut up. Having taken the vervain, Katherine only pretends to submit to his compulsion. When Maddox returns with Greta and Klaus's casket, they perform a spell to return Klaus to his true body. They open the casket and Katherine watches in horror as the real Klaus walks out.